+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sywpe Locking Up Samsung Galaxy SIII's

Sywpe Locking Up Samsung Galaxy SIII's

Hey guys,

We love Swype. My wife and I both use it on our S3's, but recently - it started causing our messaging to lock up the phone. Reboots don't fix the issue and we've both been running 1.3 beta for months without issue.

Any reason this would now be happening?

Thanks.

Hello kraftomatic!

What messaging app do you use? Is it the default app that came with your phone or one from the Play store?

Also, what Android version do you have? (4.0.4 / Ice Cream Sandwich / ICS? etc.)

Is there any specific point that this freeze occurs? Maybe after entering a certain number of characters, or sending a few messages? Does it happen instantly?

Thanks!

Messaging is default from the phone, with the Swype download from here obviously.

Android v4.1.1

The freezing generally occurs when I'm in a text conversation and tap the message box to bring up the keyboard and start typing. Everything freezes at that point. I've also gotten to the keyboard, where it then freezes.

Hope that helps.

Hello,

I am having this issue currently myself. I am on Android 4.2.1 (cyanogenmod 10.1) and run Handcent SMS (latest on playstore). I'm running Swype 1.4 however the issue happened with 1.3 as well. Prior to uninstalling 1.3 I deleted cache and data, then uninstalled it and installed 1.4, however the issue persists. It's intermittent however, I can get it two or three times in a row after rebooting phone after each one, or I could go half a day without it and suddenly get a hard lockup.

Symptoms:

Keyboard partially opens and phone hard locks. I am unable to turn the screen off or interact with anything at all when it locks up (this goes for the below two situations as well)
    Keyboard opens fully and phone hard locks
    Keyboard opens fully, I try to swype the first word and phone locks

This is on the popup notifications for received messages as well as in the app itself. I can pull a log if you can tell me what one you need.

Yep. Same issue here.

I also experience this intermittent issue, with exactly the same symptoms as deridiot. Happens roughly every other day, but I'm a fairly light user. Android 4.1.1, Handcent SMS (current playstore version), and Swype Beta 1.3.

With freezing, "locking", or other performance-related issues (particularly crashes), we really can't do much without a log file. Please see how to get a log, here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...you-report-one

In the short term, I'd suggest you use Personal Dictionary Backup & Sync to ensure your words are backed up, then "Clear data" on Swype Beta 1.4 in your Android's app manager. You can find your app manager in Android system Settings.

I have Swype fir my s3 and it just stopped the other day. as soon as you click on a message box to toe message it freezes phone then have to wait for it to force close. Someone I have to fully take battery out to unfreeze. love it and really got used to having it the past few weeks. beta it's working for me now but if really love it to work fully from my phone like it always had. I'm running Verizon's newest version system update on the galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by LashwayJacob View Post
    I have Swype fir my s3 and it just stopped the other day. as soon as you click on a message box to toe message it freezes phone then have to wait for it to force close. Someone I have to fully take battery out to unfreeze. love it and really got used to having it the past few weeks. beta it's working for me now but if really love it to work fully from my phone like it always had. I'm running Verizon's newest version system update on the galaxy s3
    Please see the bug reporting guidelines here and re-post: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...you-report-one

+ Reply to Thread