+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Keyboard Layout is totally wrong!!!

The new keyboard layout is wrong, this version is really buggy

Seem like the new version have swap the characters that supposed to be on 6 with y key. and that's really annoying when you swype one word it suggest the other coz of the misplace of the characters. so the ( ุ ู) that's supposed to be on "6" on a normal keyboard is now on "y" key on a normal keyboard. and what's supposed to be on "y" ( ั) is up on "6" so I think you just need to swap the two.

With previous version 3.xx I've never encounter the problem of left over character. this is when I've swyped and wanted to edit the word there is this one character ( ้ ) that keep follow the cursor and you can't just delete it. this happen a lot!!

For some reason I think this version can't really get the word right, I have to type letter by letter instead of swyping to get the word right. never had this problem with previous version. and I can't go back to edit the swyped word, it doesn't show any suggested word

And it's harder to switch between languages like this you need two step to switch, previous version all I need is to hit the language key. or a shortcut maybe? I saw on the website it said to switch between language simply swype from the swype to the language initial but that doesn't work :s

Thank you. I'll upload pictures once I figure out how to capture a screen on my phone

PS I'm using nexus s, jelly bean (4.1.1) swype version: 1.0.3.5809
    Last edited by euam_c; 08-05-2012 at 10:25 PM.

I have also been using swype for a quite a while now to type in both English and Thai and I really love it.
    However, I am still using the 3.26 version because there are still a few issues/bugs with the new Swype Beta for Thai.

The main problem with this Beta version is that you cannot go back to edit words that you typed in.
    If you click on the word there is no suggestion list.
    This problem make it literally not practical to use Swype Beta for Thai.
    I really hope that the developer can solve this issue.

The second issue is with the keyboard layout. Like the original poster said there are some characters that were changed places.
    I think the layout in version 3.26 is already good and don't understand why the developer feels the need to change it.
    I have made an image that show the issue and my proposed keyboard layout.
    http://i.imgur.com/F1Swo.jpg

As I said, I really love Swype and wish to see it improves and all the issues and bugs resolved.
    I am willing to give more feedback and help with the testing if the developer need it.

Thai Keyboard Layout is totally wrong!!!

First of all, Swype is great and works smoothly even in Thai Language. However, unfortunately, Thai Keyboard Layout is totally wrong especially in the two upper rows (Don't know why they have only 10 columns while the lower rows have 11 columns) as per a picture below.

to give you more narratives
    1. two upper rows should have at least 11 key as same as two other rows
    2. the first top row
    - the 10th key letter (rightest) "ล" should be on the lower row at the 11th key (after 11th key was added)
    - the 7-8-9 key letters "จ,ข,ช" should shift 2 steps rightward to be at the 9-10-11 key (after 11th key was added)
    - the 3-4 key letters "ค,ต" should be at the 8-9 key
    - the 1-2 key letters "ภ,ถ" should be at the 3-4 key
    - the 1 key should be replaced with the letter from the rightest shifted key of the third row ("ๆ")
    - the 5th key letters "ั" (both normal and shifted one) should be replaced with the letters from the 5th key of the second row ("ุ","ู")

I can say that Swype is the best English keyboard, and it will be the best Thai keyboard only if those mistakes are corrected.

still wrong in Swype v.1.5.0.15186 -> From Google Play

Please change layout as jryn007 said. It's the standard layout the most Thai familiar with.

+1 for this
    It really is very uncomfortable to switch to swype keyboard when your everyday keyboard looks like this
    http://www.thaikeyboardonline.com/th...ard-layout.png
    Like when you know a certain character is in the top most row but the swype keyboard has it one row down
    Or a certain character in the left most column but on swype it is in the right most (???) column

One suggestion is to swap the positions of " ภ " and " ๆ " because the former is rarely used compared to the latter

Another issue (for me) is that sometimes I just feel like spelling some words not in the dictionary but sounds the same (well, we all do) and not being able to add it to custom dictionary is pretty annoying. Why can't there be a single button to make you manually type in the words you want in custom dictionary (in the setting page)?

Quote Originally Posted by jryn007 View Post
    First of all, Swype is great and works smoothly even in Thai Language. However, unfortunately, Thai Keyboard Layout is totally wrong especially in the two upper rows (Don't know why they have only 10 columns while the lower rows have 11 columns) as per a picture below.
    Agreed. This is one of the best Thai keyboard out there. There are some minor things to fix like what jryn007 said. Also, I would like for the predictive words to be improved a little more.

Is this a joke? This isn't beta version any more. I seriously doubt if Swype is capable of severing Asian markets.

- The layout is still wrong in the latest version.
    - The separated change language key in Beta much more convenient than the one in space bar as in latest version
    - I think the 3.26 layout is the good one http://i.imgur.com/F1Swo.jpg
    Last edited by KiatKiat; 07-14-2013 at 8:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread