4 3.10%
  • Strongly Disagree

6 4.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Emoji support

Yes, if minimal performance impact.

I like that option. Great idea

I would to see at least a few more basics like hearts and stars. I would not want this feature to clutter up the app by trying to do too much. I know it's a fine balance of making everyone happy.

I love my Swype keyboard but miss the option to have emojis. I have been trying to find another keyboard that has the emojis that I want (specifically a FOOTBALL!) and can't find one that will work with Facebook. iOS has a football emoji and I want one for my Galaxy S3. Thanks!

wish to see something like in android kitkat 4.4

looks nice no? is from android police

With the newest android update including emoji on default in the keyboard, it only makes sense if Swype was to incorporate emoji input. Google has added the emoji shortcut to the Google keyboard by long-pressing the enter key, so maybe adding emoji to Swype could be a simple add-on fix

Long time Swype user here, and for all that time, I have been waiting and waiting for this support. Just a few simple smileys doesn't cut it when you see what native Droid keyboards now offer. You will fall behind without emoji, so please, please Swype folks, work on a way to build this in soon!
    Last edited by drogand; 11-06-2013 at 3:05 PM. Reason: spelling

I am not sure why anyone would want emojis? I have had them pushed on me by HTC in their 4.3 update and have found that they are completely and utterly useless. Very few of my friends can receive them, most just get blank squares and they reduce my SMS character count from 160 to 70! Can someone explain why everyone seems excited by them? Have I missed something completely?

Quote Originally Posted by nlao81 View Post
    I am not sure why anyone would want emojis? I have had them pushed on me by HTC in their 4.3 update and have found that they are completely and utterly useless. Very few of my friends can receive them, most just get blank squares and they reduce my SMS character count from 160 to 70! Can someone explain why everyone seems excited by them? Have I missed something completely?
    Is it an iPhone thing? I'd like to know, too!
    Swype 1.5.15.19977 (Current) / HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7.2 (Android 2.3.7) / Swype 1.6.5.23769 (Prior; Reverted Due To Lag & Slowness), 1.4.9.13905 (Prior)
    Swype User Since April 2010 (Windows Mobile)

Yeah iPhone has their font defined for emoji code points and it can be fun. Like if you're bored, you can try to tell a story with emojis. Even if 4.4 has support, if you text someone without 4.4, they'll see boxes instead of the emoji. That is, unless Google builds their updated font into Google Hangouts and a significant percentage of users switch from Messenger to Hangouts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread