+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swyping without looking!

Cool Swyping without looking!

I took a moment to show off a skill I've developed over the past few weeks. I can now Swype without looking

The camera quality stinks (my webcam) and there's dirty clothes on the floor, but you get the idea, hehe. I'll make something better when I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrLqGM-2kc

Check me out

Not a LONG I sound?
    Sw_eye_p
    That was really cool, actually.

What I really dig about Swype is I can approximate a word and get what I want...just scroll through the neighborhood.

I don't mean to hate but you never showed your screen before you stated typing. With the bad camera quality it could of already been typed.

Quote Originally Posted by brian.resnik View Post
    I took a moment to show off a skill I've developed over the past few weeks. I can now Swype without looking

The camera quality stinks (my webcam) and there's dirty clothes on the floor, but you get the idea, hehe. I'll make something better when I can.

Check me out
    Lol. That's dedication! That was a cute lil video. :-)

Go Packers!!!

Too clever by half BTW I've downloaded Swype Beta to my HTC One V and set the Settings/Language Keyboard button to ON but when I type a text the standard HTC keyboard is still the default. Wold you know how I can switch on the Swype keyboard?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by brian.resnik View Post

Check me out

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie-S View Post
    Too clever by half BTW I've downloaded Swype Beta to my HTC One V and set the Settings/Language Keyboard button to ON but when I type a text the standard HTC keyboard is still the default. Wold you know how I can switch on the Swype keyboard?
    Thanks.
    Hey there Newbie-S,

Open your HTC One V's Android Settings menu, scroll to "Language & keyboard", and tap on "Configure input method". There should be a list of available input methods, including one called "Swype Beta". Ensure that this has a check mark next to it (i.e. ensure it's been activated as an optional keyboard).

Then, open a text field, peel down your notification bar from the top of you screen, and tap on "Choose input method". This should give you a list of activated input methods, of which one is "Swype Beta". Tap on "Swype Beta", and you should be set.

If this fails, please post a screenshot of your input method configuration screen in Android Settings so I can assist further.

Fabulous - thanks David, it works a treat - though I'm not sure where I might have looked for that information myself!

Gratefully yours

Quote Originally Posted by David Johnstone View Post
    Hey there Newbie-S,

Open your HTC One V's Android Settings menu, scroll to "Language & keyboard", and tap on "Configure input method". There should be a list of available input methods, including one called "Swype Beta". Ensure that this has a check mark next to it (i.e. ensure it's been activated as an optional keyboard).

Then, open a text field, peel down your notification bar from the top of you screen, and tap on "Choose input method". This should give you a list of activated input methods, of which one is "Swype Beta". Tap on "Swype Beta", and you should be set.

If this fails, please post a screenshot of your input method configuration screen in Android Settings so I can assist further.

So if i get the HTC One V, I may install swype and have it succesfully running and is it good. Also is the phone good or a start to a genaration.

The One V is okay for the money, I personally prefer something more powerful and larger. So on prepaid I'd be slow to recommend it, but if you're getting it as part of a context deal I'd say get something a lot more powerful for a little more up front.

Regarding Swype, I've never seen a device it can't install on, and I've used more than any normal person can :-P

+ Reply to Thread