+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swype keyboard disappearing...

Swype keyboard disappearing...

My Swype keyboard keeps disappearing; halfway through writing the keyboard will disappear. When it comes back it won't accept any entry.

I've tried uninstalling the keyboard but can't find how to(!) other than the Beta Installer which, when reinstalled, just says I have a keyboard already installed.

I've had to install another keyboard which I'm not enjoying; I'd like to try and get Swype working again but am completely bemused by what has gone wrong or how to remove it and reinstall. If I go in to settings, it tells me there is an update but when I try to download the update it just hangs on the download screen for an eternity, until I cancel it.

Has anybody experienced this already or have any suggestions?

Cheers

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by marktharparms View Post
    My Swype keyboard keeps disappearing; halfway through writing the keyboard will disappear. When it comes back it won't accept any entry.

I've tried uninstalling the keyboard but can't find how to(!) other than the Beta Installer which, when reinstalled, just says I have a keyboard already installed.

I've had to install another keyboard which I'm not enjoying; I'd like to try and get Swype working again but am completely bemused by what has gone wrong or how to remove it and reinstall. If I go in to settings, it tells me there is an update but when I try to download the update it just hangs on the download screen for an eternity, until I cancel it.

Has anybody experienced this already or have any suggestions?

Cheers

Mark.
    I see the same thing. I'm about to uninstall swype because of this, the double word entry, and the keyboard ignoring your input bugs, and the horribly lethargic behavior since the last update ( it takes forever for the keyboard to load!).

It almost looks like the keyboard is crashing.

To duplicate, just go to Google in the browser and type something. You're just as likely to have the keyboard disappear in mid-word as finish your search phrase.

rtillery

Quote Originally Posted by rtillery View Post
    I see the same thing. I'm about to uninstall swype because of this, the double word entry, and the keyboard ignoring your input bugs, and the horribly lethargic behavior since the last update ( it takes forever for the keyboard to load!).

It almost looks like the keyboard is crashing.

To duplicate, just go to Google in the browser and type something. You're just as likely to have the keyboard disappear in mid-word as finish your search phrase.

rtillery
    Yeah! I'm experiencing the same problems since last update! IT SUCKS!

I have the same problem, it's really frustrating. I am on a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1. Just every once in a while, the keyboard freezes up and then disappears. Then it becomes unusable for quite a while. Then when I click on something where I need to type, it won't show up or the area where the keyboard should be goes black, but there is no keyboard. I have to switch to the default Samsung keyboard, which is awful to use. This just started happening with the latest update to Swype.

What's the last version that worked, the previous copy of 1.3, 1.1, 1.0, or the one keyboard that actually worked (3.26)? :-P

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

I found that disabling the sync and backup feature improved things a lot.
    Was having the same issue on HTC Sensation.

I'm a GalaxySIII user also and experienced this issue multiple times. I uninstalled the Swype Beta -- problem resolved. But I reinstalled again, and the same thing happened again. I now don't have it installed but would like to be able to use it. Anyone know of any fixes or updates to address this issue?

Same issue for me. Keyboard disappears, then freezes the ability to send messages. I have to change the input altogether for it to work again... or simply uninstall the Beta. Using the Swype default that came with the phone does not produce this problem at all. Just the beta.

I shared this in another thread, but I was having the same issue with my i747 and changed from a theme (midnight) keyboard to the original 'classic' themed keyboard and everything is now stable for me. If you guys are using a theme, maybe try changing back to the original?

Not sure why this would fix the issue but it appears to have.

+ Reply to Thread