+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Personal Dictionary Management

Personal Dictionary Management

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem, and i don't know how to add words to the dictionary.

I can't not reproduce the a1 point:

Personal Dictionary Management
    You can add and remove custom words, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. from your Swype personal dictionary via the following ways:

a) While entering text

1)Adding a word:
    Tap in the letters of your custom word
    Select it from the Word Choice List
    Swype will add custom words automatically and according to the behavior of individual users

2)To add many words at once, or phone numbers, or words that contain numbers and symbols:
    Highlight the word(s) in the editor
    Tap the Swype key
    Tap the prompt that appears to add the word

3)Removing a word you added:
    Highlight the word in the editor you want to delete
    Tap the Swype key
    Tap the prompt that appears to delete the word

b) Personal Dictionary Editor

In the Swype Settings menu you can navigate to your Personal Dictionary to add or remove custom words, email addresses, phone numbers etc.
    I tried to add a word as explained in point a1, but if i go in Swype Setting-> Personalization-> Edit Dictionary, i can't see the word that I have added. Why?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

odd little glitch.
    I just tested it with my e-mail address.
    not all words you add are immediately shown in that list.
    my e-mail address is not in the list, but I can swype it.

so you should try swyping the word you added.

All words do not appear in that list for me, while, if i try to highlight the word, tap in the Swype key then tap on add the word to dictionary, it's works!

Also, i try swyping anyway the word that i've added, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know...

i have this problem too. i used to just go in and add smileys like =) and =D using the manual add in the settings.... this is now gone from the newest release.... another thing i used to do but cant in the new one is (a little silly but i dont care, its what i do) i like to use <3 when texting my lady friend and now that cannot be added into the dictionary so i must hit number>shift> "<" symbol>shift>3 which is a pain..... if i could just swype from where that key was to the 3 that would be heaps easier..... also, i used to be able to do this in an older verson of Swype.

i tried last night (just updated to 1.3.1.9274) to add "=D" by typing and then highlighting, tap swype key, add to dictionary but it doesnt add. @aigh panzer, swyping the smiley does not work.

i know that smileys might seem like a silly thing to complain about but i like to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by aigh panzer View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a little problem, and i don't know how to add words to the dictionary.

I can't not reproduce the a1 point:

I tried to add a word as explained in point a1, but if i go in Swype Setting-> Personalization-> Edit Dictionary, i can't see the word that I have added. Why?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
    I'm also having this problem. Sometimes the word is added, sometimes it is not.

On the other hand, I cannot see how to add words through Personal Dictionary Editor. I can only figure out how to delete them.

I have the same problem as well.

To some people, this might not be too much of big deal, but to me I type using Bahasa Malaysia a lot.
    Because of that, I require heavy use of custom words.

The problem is just like stated; Some words I manually type in are offered to be saved.
    The problem is most of the words I've added aren't saved. Every time I re-type the word out keeps asking to save it, without saving anything of course.

Another thing, it won't save custom words with symbols such as smileys. It does the same problem with custom words.

All this happened after updating Swype Beta lost all custom words.

Samsung Galaxy W (I don't remember, starts with i85xx)
    Android 4.0.4 Cyanogenmod 9 beta1 ROM.

Understood, I agreed with everyone. So, when will solved this problem? If is a bug, someone can move this thread in a "bug reports" forum? Thanks.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread