PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get Swype working in Android 2.2 froyo FRG22D on Motorola DROID after updating

Almighty1
08-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I recently upgraded my Motorola DROID with Android 2.2 froyo FRG22D from FRG22. I've used the previous procedure including which is:

1) uninstall Swype Installer and uninstall Swype
2) Use Astro and delete all files in /sdcard/download
3) Reboot
4) Followed all instructions on:
https://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/#uninstall
I made it all the way to step #15 but when I click Done, it says Download of the package failed. Swype is already installed. Please uninstall and try again.

In FRG22 which I upgraded from FRG01B, I was able to get past step #15 above. Any ideas? I've tried with both wifi and 3G with the same results.

brian.resnik
08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Almighty1,

This is a known issue for us with the beta at the moment. Check out our list of known issues here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?993-KNOWN-BETA-for-Android-ISSUES-Please-read-before-posting-(UPDATE-8-18-10).

Here are some things you can try, if you're a ROOT user...
If you're able, make sure that Swype is UNCHECKED in Settings -> Language & Keyboard before you uninstall/reinstall.
Make sure there are no files starting with com.swype.android located in your /data/app directory BEFORE installing Swype
If you're using APPS2SD, make sure it is DISABLED before trying to install Swype. You can re-enable it afterwards.
Try deleting your Dalvik-Cache if you're using a custom-recovery image.
Last resort, you can always try a full factory reset/wipe. These problems usually crop up after multiple system upgrades, when Swype was installed prior to the upgrade. It's thought to be a side effect of file remnants hanging around despite the new version being incompatible with the previously installed license files.

I'm going to lock this thread, as we already have another thread covering this issue, and repost this information over there as well. Hope this helps!