PDA

View Full Version : Can I remove standard dictionary entries?

migr3998571
02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I know you can delete custom entries, but I think it would be great to be able to delete existing entries and have them stored for reference along with added entries for later review.

For example: sometimes when I am trying to swype a word I use often I will instead get a word I would never use, it is cases like these it would benefit me to be able to delete that word, even if I do want to use it eventually I will type it out to restore it.

One example is "hwy", which although a very good entry, I personally rarely use and I type "hey" a lot and it comes out hwy and without a popup, another one is just "nd" which although I dont but I imagine some might get rather than "me".

migr1586866
02-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your suggestion that's a really good idea! Let me know if you are experiencing any other issues. Other than this little suggestion are you enjoying Swype thus far?

migr3998571
02-11-2010, 4:13 AM
Thanks, I am glad you like my idea. The only issues I am experiencing are known bugs with the build I am using, even as is it is way better than any other mobile keyboard, I really love it.

migr3230685
02-12-2010, 2:26 AM
well in the extend.. the words selections should be weighted by how much you use them. Swype should be able to learn from your habits. The initial weight should be based on how often words are used in normals people, isn't it already the case? So now, Swipe should change and adapt the weight according to our owns statistics when we use it.

Moreover i would like to propose a new ability to change those weight :
when a words is wrongly selected by Swype or Swype ask us to make a choice, then in the choice interface, we could drag to the right the world we want a better weight( ./the word turn in green), and drag to the left the words to decrease word weight (./the word turn in red). And so next time you Swype the same way, it will choose the green one because of his much higher weight.

Thanks for listening.

migr9444409
04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I fully agree. There are so many words I know I will never use, but end up frequently typing on a regular basis. A weighting system or a removal system would make my Swype experience so much better.

Also, words that were typed and then changed (ie. I try to type "haha", it comes out "hags", so I change it to "haha") could be added to an "Accidentally typed words list".
Then if there were a list of all my changed words ("hags") where I could quickly place them on the "word blacklist" with the touch of a button.

migr12341507
06-16-2010, 4:39 PM
Instead of deleting entries, I'd rather have a way of just putting more weight on words I use more commonly and less weight on words that come up wrong. This would make for a great increase in swyping speed.

migr12342817
06-16-2010, 5:39 PM
i think this is a great idea!

Vetdoctor
07-21-2010, 2:06 PM
I like Swype but find myself switching between Swype and Graffiti (did I just age myself?). I am a slow touch typist on the full keyboard but do not "think" about the letters. I think words and my fingers move. I hate the native android keyboard as I cannot feel where my fingers are and constantly miss the correct letters badly enough that it cant even guess at what I am typing. In grafitti I generally get the letter I want and can think w-o-r-d pretty quickly. After 3 weeks of swype I still find that I have to constantly pause and think, "Uh oh, what is the next letter and where is it. Darn, now what was the word I was trying to type." I don't know that there's a great solution for this but I can use the built in mic and dictact with not too many errors very quickly. Perhaps if Swype could edit the text, capitalizing the first words and proper nouns and allow quick corrections of missed words this would be the best solution. Nice product overall.