PDA

View Full Version : Add 123 long-press layout to SYM key

anonymous
06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I would like the 123 long press layout added to the SYM key. Currently I have to go to the SYM keyboard layout, and THEN long press the 123|ABC key to get to the 123 layout. I would like to eliminate the step of having to go through the SYM layout to reach the 123 layout. Currently the SYM key has no function on long press, so I don't see why you can't add the 123 layout (long press) to the SYM key like the below screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/RdMCU.jpg

Just to clarify, I'm not asking you to remove the old long press, I'm asking to add this as an additional way to reach the 123 layout.

I often find myself opening the keyboard to type a person's phone number in a text message, and having to switch to the SYM layout and then go to the 123 layout. Not being able to go directly there makes this layout feel inconsistently available and cumbersome.

This is the last change you need to make every layout available with a single gesture or press.

migr2871365
06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Sorry if I posted this before, but my earlier attempt to submit this on my phone didn't work so well, so I am not sure if it went through or not (I couldn't find it).

You should consider using a more mobile friendly forum/feedback system, because that overlay/popup that displays for the new idea box does not work well on mobile browsers.

brian.resnik
06-24-2010, 8:29 PM
There's actually a shortcut for this in place. Try tracing a path from the SWYPE key to the F key. This will bring up the number/math interface directly.

migr2871365
06-25-2010, 3:16 PM
Thanks Brian! That is very useful.

coolbloke1324
11-10-2010, 3:35 PM
I'd like to be able to swype from the SYM key to a number key like 1 (r) or 2 (t) and get the number that way. At the moment I have to switch to a number page or hold the letter for a while to get the number and it is SLOW!