PDA

View Full Version : View & Edit Dictionary

Gary5Ablett
08-07-2010, 5:07 PM
Swype is excellent! The only feature I would like to see added would be to have the ability to view custom words in the dictionary and be able to edit them.

spbrereton
09-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Swype is excellent! The only feature I would like to see added would be to have the ability to view custom words in the dictionary and be able to edit them.

I agree - today I discovered that the word ryn was in the dictionary. I have no idea how it got there, but I only discovered it because it interfered with the word run I was trying to input. It would be nice to be able to see (and occasionally clean) the words added to the dictionary).

MrObvious
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
+1. But you can delete words just by selecting them and pushing the swype key (highlight ryn for example and push swype). It will then ask if you want to remove it.

crashrandall
09-03-2010, 5:24 PM
+1. But you can delete words just by selecting them and pushing the swype key (highlight ryn for example and push swype). It will then ask if you want to remove it.

that is something but it is hardly a full solution. the user dictionary should be an editable text file; as, for that matter, should the main dictionary. (or else a separate file of words to EXCLUDE)

Newend
09-03-2010, 7:54 PM
I frequently see words in the suggest box that I want to remove, but hit the correct word and it is a hassle to go back. A basic view if the added words with the ability to add or remove entries would be fanatic!

brian.resnik
09-03-2010, 9:18 PM
+1 from me too. This is on our milestone list for "Swype 2.0" (or whatever you want to call our next MAJOR revision), but we obviously have no time frame for that yet. This is a rather major feature to implement - it requires a complete rework of our dictionary system - so don't expect it soon. But it is something we know is needed.

JOe K.
10-25-2010, 9:00 AM

For some reason that doesn't work unless swype deems the word a mistake.