PDA

View Full Version : Emoticon button - option to shrink?

migr12349901
06-17-2010, 9:36 AM
I find I'm sometimes hitting the emoticon smiley button instead of full stop/period sometimes. I don't use emoticons very often, could we have an option to make it smaller, and period bigger? Or support double space for periods. That might help.

brian.resnik
06-17-2010, 2:58 PM
Did you know that we have a lot of nifty "punctuation words," like tracing a path from the period key to the spacebar for period+space? Check out the full list in our built-in help topics.

migr12858835
07-13-2010, 3:38 PM
I'm having the same issue, when i go to hit period I get a Smiley face. Can the emoticon be smaller?

Ashex1
07-14-2010, 3:41 PM
Hi Charles,

I will pass along the suggestion to our developers, we are always looking for ways to improve the interface! If you are trying to enter a period by touching the key, I recommend that you instead gesture from the period key to the space bar as this will generate a period with a space following it.
The benefit of this is if you accidentally gesture from the Smiley key instead of the period key, Swype will still give you the period followed by a space thanks to the built-in error correction :)

Cookie
02-04-2011, 4:41 AM
Where IS the emoticon button?? I just installed swype today on my HTC Desire, and I can not see an emoticon button, but I'd like to have it!

Thanks,
David

rob.boehm
02-06-2011, 3:59 PM
The emoticon button is only available for applications that request it. For instance if you're drafting an email in Gmail instead of the emoticon key you get the return key. However if you're using an SMS application (and the application is designed correctly) you'll get the emoticon key.

foontas
06-15-2011, 6:23 AM
The emoticon button is only available for applications that request it. For instance if you're drafting an email in Gmail instead of the emoticon key you get the return key. However if you're using an SMS application (and the application is designed correctly) you'll get the emoticon key.

Is it possible to disable the emoticon key within swype?
Or is it handled by the application using the keyboard?
I would rather have the enter key than the emoticon key in my SMS application.

Alternatively, is there a swype combination that will grant me a new line?

brian.resnik
06-16-2011, 8:06 AM
The presence of the Emoticon key is controlled by a combination of Swype and the application. If the application reports that the text field is for text messaging then we show the emoticon key. You can use an application like Handcent SMS (free on the market) which lets you control how the text field is reported (presence of emoticon key or not) from within their settings.

Sometimes
06-16-2011, 8:50 AM
Maybe it is Sense causing the issue or something because when I am text messaging the button next to the period is the Microphone. I wish it was an emoticon button but I just deal since otherwise it seems fine.