PDA

View Full Version : Display alternate characters for next letter as you move without lifting

John Bowling
01-10-2016, 7:09 AM
I have always found it impossible to remember which characters are hiding behind each letter/number/symbol. The present way of finding one is tedious. If i long press i can see them one key at a time, but nothing is shown for the next key if i drag over to it. The only way is to long press each key, one at a time, then lift and repeat on the next key, leaving behind a string of unwanted characters in my text. There is no way to find the one i want quickly. And after such a tedious search, if, when i need it again, i don't remember where it was, i have to go through the whole process again!

Suggestion: After a long press reveals the alternate characters for one key, i suggest that i be able to reveal the hidden characters behind the next key by dragging my finger to it without lifting, and so on around the keyboard. Of course, no character should be inserted until you lift.

thnidu
02-26-2016, 5:39 AM
YES!!! I've been wanting a "where's that character?" for a long time. Multiling O has it, why doesn't Swype?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

snizzfizz
03-01-2016, 6:40 AM
If you switch to the "dark" theme, you'll see the long-press characters directly on the keyboard. Why Swype won't put them on the "light" theme is a mystery for the ages.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?39835-Light-white-theme-show-the-alternate-keys

thnidu
03-03-2016, 1:14 PM
If you switch to the "dark" theme, you'll see the long-press characters directly on the keyboard. Why Swype won't put them on the "light" theme is a mystery for the ages.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?39835-Light-white-theme-show-the-alternate-keys
Thanks, snizzfizz. Of course that only shows the default Alt char. Multiling O lets you drag your finger along a row, and when you stop on a key, you see ALL its Alt chars. Then you can drag from the key to one of those to choose it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk