PDA

View Full Version : feature parity with android version

swyyper
12-15-2015, 5:04 AM
i use swype on ios, however every time i see swype on android i get jealous. there are so many things that work better on android than on ios, no need to think of "new" features for ios, i'd be extremely happy to get "just the same" that are there already for android...

alex17
12-23-2015, 8:50 PM
Strongly agree! Some specific issues that are most important to me:
Permit post-typing capitalization (editing the capitalization status after the fact).
Make numeric keyboard more reliable / consistent: now, in many cases, when I load numeric keyboard and type 1 number, it goes back to alpha keyboard, and I just started typeing the phone # of whatever. I need the number pad to stay loaded until I tell it to switch back.
Set time delay for 2ndary characters -- in iOS it's way too long, and I don't see how to shorten it.
Reposition cursor faster.
Backspace faster -- on android, holding backspace would start to delete words rather than characters, on iOS, it doesn't. It should.
Auto-capitalize the letter "I" after a space. Yes, it's in the suggested corrections, but there's no setting to make it automatic.
Fractions (and 2ndary character set generally): on android, holding the "B" key brings up not only "/" but also a range of fractions (1/2, 1/4, etc.), I use these all the time, iOS doesn't have them. Sure, you can type them out, but that's kludgy, iOS is supposed to be elegant, eh?
Swype-to-5 to load numeric keyboard: yes, I can hold Swype to bring up numeric keyboard option in iOS...but it takes forever to load. I don't really care about the method, I just want it to work faster and reliably.

I'm sure I have others, that's just a starter. As swyyper noted, these are not new features to Swype, they're just new to iOS version, already work fine in android, and I agree that I'd *much* rather see thse fixed than see lots of new features or (shudder) more themes at the expense of features..

NESTTOR
01-14-2016, 3:31 AM
Agree!
I switched from Android to iOS and hoped that got full swype experience but...