PDA

View Full Version : Text Replacement! Please!

henkew
10-04-2015, 5:50 PM
Text replacement, the one thing that almost makes me switch back to the IOS keyboard. Please! Please! Please!

3d touch features would be frickin awesome too.

KennyG
10-28-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw a similar thread elsewhere but want to throw my two cents' worth in here. I would love to have Text Replacement as an option. I used Swype on my Galaxy Note 2, and loved it so much that I bought it again when I recently made the switch to my iPhone 6 Plus (before the S came out, darn it!). I still occasionally have trouble 'typing' long strings of text, which is why I'd love to text replacement available. I just got TextExpander for this reason, but I have found that I get a lot of incorrect characters on its keyboard. And it doesn't seem very efficient to switch keyboards just to be able to type 'omw' and have it expand to 'On my way!', then switch back to Swype to continue whatever I was doing.

Or would it be possible to read the replacements available in the iOS keyboard settings?

I know you folks have a lot on your plate, but PLEASE consider making this a higher priority that it has been. (I think the thread I saw earlier was started in 2011?). I've tried other keyboards and keep coming back to Swype because it's so easy. Text expansion would give me everything I need. Pretty please?

kevindean
01-22-2016, 7:45 AM
Add my vote, please.

dcrossmier
01-26-2016, 5:11 AM
Interesting. The text replacement built-in to iOS does week and works within Swype for me on my iPad Air.

I'm pretty sure I saw a similar thread elsewhere but want to throw my two cents' worth in here. I would love to have Text Replacement as an option. I used Swype on my Galaxy Note 2, and loved it so much that I bought it again when I recently made the switch to my iPhone 6 Plus (before the S came out, darn it!). I still occasionally have trouble 'typing' long strings of text, which is why I'd love to text replacement available. I just got TextExpander for this reason, but I have found that I get a lot of incorrect characters on its keyboard. And it doesn't seem very efficient to switch keyboards just to be able to type 'omw' and have it expand to 'On my way!', then switch back to Swype to continue whatever I was doing.

Or would it be possible to read the replacements available in the iOS keyboard settings?

I know you folks have a lot on your plate, but PLEASE consider making this a higher priority that it has been. (I think the thread I saw earlier was started in 2011?). I've tried other keyboards and keep coming back to Swype because it's so easy. Text expansion would give me everything I need. Pretty please?

jeffanon
04-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Yes! Swype is great in every other way, but I keep going back to the iOS keyboard because using text replacement makes things soooo much quicker and easier.

Cdearborne
09-08-2016, 11:08 AM
This has been requested as a feature in Swype for over 6 years!!! I don't understand why they can't do. There are other keyboard apps that leverage the functionality in iOS. I have been using Swype since it first started as a beta product on Android. i almost didn't switch to iPhone b/c I was going to miss having the Swype keyboard. I switched b/c I new Apple was working on allowing other keyboards and I knew Swype would follow soon. Now I'm bummed because I can't have what's best of both (Swype and iOS).