PDA

View Full Version : No period with 2 spaces after a different punctuation mark

bobbytables
08-03-2015, 7:57 AM
Swype universally replaces two spaces with a period and two spaces - even if it follows a question mark, colon, or similar punctuation mark. The feature is useful, but misapplied in these cases where there is already punctuation.

perrymw2322
11-13-2015, 10:15 AM
This is a very annoying feature. I would much rather add my own punctuation everywhere.

Please fix.

swyyper
11-15-2015, 11:58 PM
why don't you switch off the "two spaces make one fullstop" feature? there is a switch!

bobbytables
12-08-2015, 4:50 PM
Would that cause a "legitimate" stop to cease working? That is, for sentences that end in a period it works just fine.
Sentences that end in other punctuation are the problem. It would be far better to fix this issue in code so that it
works the same way for everyone, instead of using settings as a workaround.

alex17
12-23-2015, 9:30 PM
I agree w/ OP, I *want* the period added when I hit 2 spaces, and I do not want it after other punctuation. I don't want to turn it off, that loses the whole feature. I just want it to work sensibly.

Massachute
01-03-2016, 2:37 PM
why don't you switch off the "two spaces make one fullstop" feature? there is a switch!
The system-wide switch has no effect in Swype, and I don't see any switch in Swype settings. Or am I missing it somewhere?