PDA

View Full Version : Emoji button/Z key????

MirtoP
04-06-2015, 1:51 PM
Brand new to Swype, and find it surprisingly intuitive, but: I cannot figure out the use of the emoji on the number pad and on the 'z' key, except maybe as a default emoji. That would be great, actually, but I never use that particular one, and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it to one I do use regularly. I'd expect it to open an emoji keyboard (which doesn't seem to exist), or something like that, but selecting it doesn't do anything except enter that particular one. Am I missing something? Tap or long press, doesn't make a difference. I'm using Swype on iPhone, iOS8.2, and assume I bought the latest Swype version: 1.4.3099. I've looked at FAQs and these forums, and I see references to the 'smiley button,' but nothing that helps. I could just ignore it, but if it has some functionality other than entering an emoji I never use, I'd love to know what it is. The answer is probably ridiculously obvious, but after a couple of days fiddling with it I'm just not getting it and would appreciate any help anyone can offer, thanks!