PDA

View Full Version : iOS shortcut feature, cloud support, sync with Facebook, Gmail and others & more...

akapu1
03-12-2015, 2:41 AM
We, iOS users are definitely being ignored. No new features are getting added.
We donít need any fancy new features (though as a swipe input method pioneer like you we can definitely expect some extra ordinary features) but need fundamental features of a keyboard like support of the iOS keyboard shortcut like all other 3rd party keyboards do support. Also cloud support may be. Personalized writing style sync with Facebook and/or Gmail. Easy way to add or delete personalized words. Etc.
The app is paid but lacks fundamental features supported by many 3rd party fee apps. I paid for the app and I want to use the app but you guys are very ignorant to support iOS users. This is the fact.
Please write something in response to my concerns.

Regards,
Azimul Kabir Apu
Fellow Swype user in iOS platform.

MediaBaron
04-14-2015, 2:38 AM
+1 to getting shortcuts in Swype, maybe even just have a shortcut button on the far left (or right for lefties) of the predictive word bar to bring up a list of customized text we can insert.

Currently I use a great iOS widget called Heapo (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heapo-clipboard-management/id921961118?mt=8) that allows me to bank a bunch of clipboard contents. But it would be great to have the shortcuts built into Swype and be able to sync them across iOS devices via Dropbox or iCloud the way Heapo does.

brianom
07-09-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure if this should be a request to add a feature, as I believe this was working for me in a previous Swype (or iOS) version. I thought at one time, the shortcuts that I created in my iPhone were recognized by Swype . . . at least some of them. Now, it seems like Swype no longer recognizes any of the shortcuts that I created in Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts. I am using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Swype version 1.5.3617