PDA

View Full Version : Autocorrect customization

dissipatedfog
02-12-2015, 4:20 PM
I used Swype for a couple of years on Android and made the switch to iPhone a few months ago. One of the things I can't stand on iPhone is the way autocorrect works. If I type a word by tapping it out (which I do when I know it's not a word that will be recognized), that's the word I want. If I swipe it out, then I understand using the autocorrect, but not when tapping it out. But Swype kept autocorrecting my tapped out words, so I turned the autocorrect off. But, for example, I want it to autocorrect when I type "i" to "I". It would be great to have autocorrect customization so I can turn off the autocorrect in general, but have certain words that will still be corrected. Or turn off the autocorrect for words that aren't swiped.

foogoo
04-24-2015, 10:38 AM
This is the same bug that will autocorrect "U" to "I", even with autocorrect turned off. How else are you supposed to type "U" without tapping it out? Pretty much defeats the purposed of it as a keyboard if it insists on changing the audience of my messages. Until this issue is fixed, I'm done with swype.

foogoo
05-18-2015, 9:08 AM
It looks like the latest update fixed the issue 80% of the time. It still occurs, but to a lesser extent.

tmotley3
08-02-2015, 8:39 PM
Because of Swype's abysmal autocorrect feature and lack of customization or aggressivness/sensitivity options, I'm close to being done with Swype myself. Unbelievable.