PDA

View Full Version : Dutch language does not download in the AppStore

Cleopatra
01-28-2015, 11:18 PM
I am not sure whether I should put the remark here, but
I downloaded Swype keyboard on my Iphone 5c, IOS 8.1.
However, I would like to have the Dutch language on my phone.
But in the app store the download does not start at all/ it gets stuck.
Does anyone is familiar with this issue?
Can it be solved easily because this is quite frustrating ..

Automattox
01-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Cleopatra, so that I am clear - you launch the Swype keyboard, then go to settings using a press-hold on the swype key, then tap the option of languages. Then you tap on Dutch. Do you see an error message on that page? can you download any other languages? Do you have Full Access enable?

Cleopatra
01-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Indeed, using the Swype keyboard, I long press the spacebar to go the option of languages. There is no error.
Full Access has been enabled before.
But, thanks to your remark I've noticed that I am also not able to download any other languages ...
As I mentioned, there is no error, but the download button (the arrow pointing down) changes into a circle that keeps on rotating endlessly.
The download seems to `hang/get/stuck' does not start.

Cleopatra
01-30-2015, 5:18 AM
So, I found a similar topic on the very same forum as this one.
forum.swype.com/showthread.php?12333-Unable-to-download-language-after-last-update-1-5-12-19292
Apparently, rebooting your Iphone can fix the problem.
Thought the problem was with swype itself.
Problem solved!

Automattox
01-30-2015, 9:06 AM
Great to hear that the problem is solved. Odd there was no error message - we'll see if we can get a repro.

askhatr
02-02-2015, 7:35 PM
Good day.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3.

Unfortunately, problem is not solved. I have purchased Swype a week ago, and additional languages do not download. Rebooting does not help. A progress circle keeps rolling without any signs of actual download.

Any ideas? Or can I return my purchase and get refund?

Automattox
02-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Hey askhatr,

Is "Full Access" enabled? How is your network coverage? Do you see any error messages on the Language download page?

ashishsingh
02-03-2015, 5:26 PM
Hey askhatr,

Is "Full Access" enabled? How is your network coverage? Do you see any error messages on the Language download page?

When will be update for android available? Everyone have lots of issues. It would have been great if an update would be provided at the earliest. And we hope it will be a major update.

askhatr
02-03-2015, 9:25 PM
Hey Automattox,

Full access is enabled. Network coverage is excellent. Wifi is on. No error messages. Just a rolling circle, as if it is working/downloading, but in fact nothing happens. All week long. I am checking it every day.

Anybody knows if it is possible to get refund?

Automattox
02-05-2015, 8:10 AM
ashishsing - This is a thread about iOS.

Automattox
02-05-2015, 8:20 AM
Hey askhatr, Thanks for your patience. Did you try the reboot as cleopatra suggests?

Here are a couple other options to try.
1) Close all applications using the keyboard, then toggle "Full Access"
2) Although this should be the last resort, uninstall Swype by a long press and hold on the Swype icon, then reinstall.

deguarita
04-03-2015, 2:04 PM
Hey askhatr, Thanks for your patience. Did you try the reboot as cleopatra suggests?

Here are a couple other options to try.
1) Close all applications using the keyboard, then toggle "Full Access"
2) Although this should be the last resort, uninstall Swype by a long press and hold on the Swype icon, then reinstall.

I have tried all of this more than once and haven't been able to download other languages. I'm Brazilian and I want to download Portuguese. I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to, in the app store you guys have a two stars score because of it. All the reviews are about people who who can't download Portuguese as well.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Jacob.W
04-03-2015, 2:54 PM
Hi deguarita,

We're sorry to hear that you're having problems downloading Portuguese. Are you trying to download the language from within the app? If so, try these steps:

1. Go into any app where you would use the Swype keyboard (such as notes)
2. Press-hold on the space bar
3. Select "More languages"
4. Find Portuguese and download it from this menu

Hope that helps,
Thanks

deguarita
04-03-2015, 6:48 PM
It's worked!! Thank you very much!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk