PDA

View Full Version : Add option to turn off emoji autosuggestions

random1destiny
11-26-2014, 10:17 AM
I never use emoji/emoticons and I find it annoying when I type in a word and it offers emoji to autocorrect. I would rather turn this off and have Swype just suggest the actual words for me to select. Alternatively, don't allow emoji's to be the center/main suggestion. I would be ok with them showing up further down the list of corrections, but I want the main suggestion to be the closest matching word all the time.

bberryhill0
11-27-2014, 5:02 PM
How dare you suggest that words are important in a typing app. All human communication can be done exclusively with emojis. Words are so last century.

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro 4.5.2

momerathe
01-29-2015, 7:55 AM
I would like this too.

Automattox
01-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Great feedback. It definitely was an option we discussed. We would love to hear from more folks on how useful this would be.

maksutov
01-31-2015, 8:35 AM
I also would like to have the Option to disable emoji suggestion. When I ever need emojis, I go for them. To have them as suggestions is annoying. It would be more useful if we could access them as on Android, without having to completely change the keyboard.

mattspew
02-08-2015, 1:29 AM
Yep, I hate them too. Can we please have an option to turn them off? (Using Android version)

EmojiSuckz
02-18-2015, 1:25 PM
This feature is very annoying so I've decided to use another keyboard until this feature has the ability to be turned off.

mtbsoft
02-19-2015, 12:24 AM
Another vote in favour of removing or disabling this annoying feature, they are a waste of valuable space in the list and, if accidentally added to an sms, change it to an mms. Truly pointless, get rid... PLEASE! Oh, and do the same for emoticons too, please.

Bajanman
02-19-2015, 6:35 AM
😠 lol... 👍

infamouswhiteknight
02-23-2015, 1:58 PM
Another vote for an option to turn this off!

BlueTypist
02-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Here is another vote for this. I text with people who have "dumb phones" and can't receive texts with emoticons, and it would be nice to just have text options displayed. And in work contexts, I'm not going to send emoticons to my coworkers in emails.

PhilSalkie
02-26-2015, 9:52 AM
Another vote to disable emoji autosuggestion - it's very distracting.

3rdDegree
03-07-2015, 6:44 AM
I would also like to be able to turn off emojis suggestions. Thanks.

Cerberus™
03-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Another vote. I want no icons or emoticons or whatever anywhere. And this takes up a lot of space and makes the keyboard less useful. Not to mention that it looks silly and childish, especially with the default LG icons on my phone. At first I thought LG was the culprit, but it turns out it was an uncalled-for Swype update. I was lucky to have an older version of the APK saved somewhere so that I could revert the useless icon suggestions.

I find that the new version also sometimes even suggests entire phrases in a weird way, when I simply Swype a word. This happens in the suggested corrections, not the suggestions for the next word. It also has nothing to do with my user dictionary. It started with the new version, never happened before.

blaize
04-06-2015, 3:35 PM
the button to pick them is fine, but shouldnt "autocomplete" them - instead of "in" i am always getting :/ and other highlighted words which i cant then go back to correct.

qwertyz
04-10-2015, 2:44 PM
+1 to add an option to turn off the emoji autosuggest

A "feature" becomes a "defect" when it is forced upon users who don't want it. This seems like it would be a simple option to include.

Hironimus
04-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Another vote from me for this. I have 2 languages switched on, which means that the addition of emojis really doesn't help.

AlaskaChad
04-15-2015, 8:04 AM
Please let us disable this!

00Moja
04-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Yet another vote - please in the name of all that is good and right in the world of devices used both by kids and adults, let there be a user-selectable mode for each!

UncleMike
04-20-2015, 8:52 PM
Add me to the list of users who want these emoji suggestions removed from existence. I've recently returned to Swype, and while performance has gotten a lot smoother since I last tried it, this emoji thing has me thinking about jumping ship again. The addition of this "feature" is a horrible idea - the worst app update since the beginning of the Tapatalk debale (that started about 6 months ago). I find it hard to believe that anyone would find it useful.

HoboWhisperer
06-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Thank you for the new check box under Settings "Emoji suggestions". Unchecked it just now, and they are finally gone. Thank you again !

marethyu
07-27-2015, 9:58 AM
It isn't dead on the Android. These emojis are frustrating. I'm all for giving people an option, but to have normal text be autocorrected into emojis, and then for it to be impossible to get the text back, is stupid. If the change has truly come to the iOS version, then bring it to the Android, too. Please!

druekberg
07-30-2015, 4:03 PM
This feature decreases my productivity. It takes time and attention to type in a word several times and have to fight to get the right word. They don't occur when using Swype, but when I want to type instead, this bad feature slows me down.

Sometimes the word is suggested in the suggestion bar, but not always. Anyway, while the suggestion bar is handy when I make mstakes (more so on my phone than tablet), but it is slower than typing when I'm not making mistakes.

I deleted them from my keyboard properties (iPad), but they are still there.

Roeland
09-18-2015, 4:59 PM
Me too! Please add an option to turn off the emoji suggestions!

jim4feedback
10-01-2015, 7:28 AM
I agree. I don't use emoji and find them a waste of space.