PDA

View Full Version : Add Emoji Smileys

GreyCivic
11-04-2014, 11:11 AM
I have always switch to the Standard Keyboard, to use all emoji smileys. Please add them into the swype keyboard.

(Using Swype V1.1)

Jacob.W
11-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Hey GreyCivic,

We JUST added support for emoji in Swype v1.1 However, we don't have an emoji layer where you can go through and select specific emoji. Instead, typing or Swype'ing a word will show you an emoji in the Word Choice List.

Here are a few:

Heart
Happy
Sad
Cool
Airplane

etc.

Thanks!

GreyCivic
11-04-2014, 1:33 PM
Ah ok, i see now.

Is it planed to include a emoji keyboard, like it is in the standard ios keyboard included?
Because changing to the stock keyboard is very complicate and takes too long.

Jacob.W
11-04-2014, 2:22 PM
Hey GreyCivic,

We're looking into adding an emoji keyboard in the future. For now, enjoy Swype's predictive emoji.

Thanks

shatley707
11-05-2014, 6:56 PM
Hate to post something cross-platform with the fora divided like this, but GreyCivic's complaint about switching keyboards to access emoji is one shared by the thousands of Swype users running Swype on versions of android that have emoji support.

ct1384
11-06-2014, 7:36 AM
Is there a complete list of Emoji words that are available somewhere?

Also, what about

:)
:(
:D

etc? They would be useful as many people use those still

Thanks

MadOnion
11-06-2014, 11:11 PM
If I want to use the predictive emojis do I have to switch to the English keyboard first? Or can I use the english predictive emojis with danish keyboard?

lancastor
11-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I have stopped to use Swype for now cause of missing a Emoji Keyboard. I'm using "TouchPal" now that comes with all Emojis without switching the the Apple Emoji keyboard.

I hope Swype is integrating Emojis in any future versions. I don't like the predective Emoji solution.

Screenshot of true Emoji support in TouchPal: http://cdn.iphoneincanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/touchpal-ios-8-keyboard.png

ScubaNaked
11-09-2014, 7:33 PM
Please post a complete list of words that will present emoji. �� is obvious but how do I do this �� ??

pekuhn
11-14-2014, 4:33 PM
I agree to lancastor. I want the same

sajalb
11-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Will love to have complete list of the suggestive emoji's too

bberryhill0
11-15-2014, 3:18 PM
Bizarrely, they don't even have a list of the gestures available.

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro 4.5.2

snizzfizz
11-19-2014, 2:18 PM
TouchPal does have a good implementation of this idea.

mckinney
12-04-2014, 2:23 PM
Thanks, Jacob.W.
Is there a complete list of emoji and associated words that trigger suggestions? That would be helpful!
Thanks!

churria
04-01-2015, 2:22 AM
Seriously??????!!!!!!!
Remember words-Emoji is the solution?????!!!!!!

Using Swype with android for several years... very happy.

But now, with iOS, I had to leave Swype because of lacking emoji support.
It's not acceptable to have to switch between differents keyboards to reach emoji. As well as there ir not acceptable to have to write "predicctions".

Swiftkey have emoji integrated into the keyboard, and you can access emoji with no problem and with only one clic... so it's possible!!!
Why you haven't emoji integrated?????
I can't understand.

Bye Swype... hello Swiftkey!

boardtc
10-03-2016, 6:23 AM
The faq http://www.swype.com/product-features/ios/faqs.html says: press swype key and then select emoji keyboard. But when i select swype key I get store/themes option?

bumshuk
10-28-2016, 11:17 AM
The faq http://www.swype.com/product-features/ios/faqs.html says: press swype key and then select emoji keyboard. But when i select swype key I get store/themes option?

Такие же трудности! Нет смайлов emoji.

В превью на google play были картинки со смайлами emoji. По факту смайлов emoji в swype нет!

CitizenAl
01-24-2017, 11:42 AM
I too would like more extensive emoji support and an easier way to use them. Keyboard switching is not as friendly as is needed to freely use multiple keyboards so we need one where we can park. It is necessary to be able to add emoji to the library and even manage frequently used emoji. It is time to get this fixed. I am looking at other keyboards that are mentioned in these posts due to this.