PDA

View Full Version : Request a new language for Swype on iOS

Jacob.W
11-03-2014, 2:53 PM
Please let us know which languages you'd like us to add for Swype on iOS.

If we're missing the language you'd like to see, please let us know so that we can add it!

Thanks!

aljasser
11-04-2014, 3:09 PM
We need Arabic

taupeng
11-05-2014, 6:52 AM
Please add Chinese (CN) soon. Thanks.

It's very cumbersome to have to switch from Swype to the Apple Chinese keyboard in order to type Chinese characters with few of my non-English speaking co-workers.

Slickaxe456
12-01-2014, 3:18 PM
Please add Japanese!!!!

PriitE
01-15-2015, 4:10 AM
Estonian language support in the next version please :)

maksutov
01-15-2015, 5:12 AM
Why not just add ALL those languages Swype has already a dictionary (from Android) for?

ChrisStunner
01-29-2015, 8:10 PM
Vietnamese please. There is only one third party keyboard for iOS that supports Vietnamese currently and the swiping doesn't work well. Hopefully Swype will do a good job on the swiping for this keyboard

Ahmad na
02-23-2015, 2:56 PM
We need Arabic

We need arabic

maksutov
03-02-2015, 2:02 PM
So, new update today. I don't understand your criteria.

New languages in the update: English AU, Hebrew, Tieng Viet and two other (seem Arabic, sorry I don't recognize). NONE of them voted here. And NONE of the most voted ones have been implemented. Congratulations for the winners.

But guys, really, don't bother writing or voting here any request. These guys will just IGNORE you.

According to the update frequency, I will have to wait another 3 or 4 months hoping for a new update, which will probably still not include Catalan.

I have to insist: ALL THESE languages (so, their dictionaries and word-recognizing algorithms) ALREADY EXIST FOR ANDROID!!!

I really do not understand these swype-guys, but it seems OUR money is not as worth as Android user's money.

So, why vote? Why write any comment or request? Use your time better for seeking another app which includes your language from the beginning.

Sincerely, a very angry user.

Maksutov

(Please, spare any "dont-worry-a-new-update-will-be-out-soon" answer, thank you).

Tournicotii
04-04-2015, 9:18 PM
A vote for Serbian please!

maksutov
04-06-2015, 8:05 AM
And after 2 more months, the new update dos not include none of the here voted languages. But guys, just keep voting!

krasenpetkov1
04-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi there, please update the app and add Bulgarian... I used to have android phone and loved using swype.. Once I paid for the iOS version I was really disappointed that bulgarian language is not supported for iPhone.

sronicker
06-01-2015, 3:55 PM
I don't see Korean on the list!? It's already on Android, why not iOS? Please add out as soon as possible.

maksutov
06-17-2015, 1:22 AM
C'mon guys! WTF??? New update today only for adding "Southamerican Spanish"??? I don't see this request ANYWHERE in the poll!!! What about the requested languages??? Catalan, Estonian,...

gmilan
07-07-2015, 2:20 PM
I would gladly help to implement Serbian (latinic). I've used it on Android and now I'm struggling ��
Please give us same feedback if you can on future implementation...

Aziz415sf
08-13-2015, 5:57 PM
Bahasa indonesia pls. We have quite significant iPhone follower here in Indonesia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anguel
08-31-2015, 1:26 AM
Please add Bulgarian ASAP. Actually, I don't understand why it is still missing as it is an official language of the European Union (see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_European_Union). Additionally it is already available on Swype for Android and this is why I bought the iOS version of Swype too, just to find out that it is not included for some unknown reason... I am very disappointed!

Besnilo
09-11-2015, 2:18 PM
Also vote for Serbian language...

Zutaruza
10-19-2015, 2:49 PM
Please hurry with Croatian... Thanks :)

maksutov
10-22-2015, 6:51 AM
4 more months since my last entry. Still no Catalan dictionary available although it exists SINCE MANY YEARS in the Android version. It's a real shame how incompetent these guys are.

zaph0d
10-27-2015, 6:08 AM
Why not just add ALL those languages Swype has already a dictionary (from Android) for?

Im asking myself the same question, I only bought this app because I knew it has Bulgarian from the android version I've been using! Now I can't use it...

zaph0d
11-04-2015, 3:01 AM
Is this forum alive? Anyone reading?

bberryhill0
11-04-2015, 8:16 PM
Not really.

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.5.2.

gmilan
12-11-2015, 6:09 AM
It is very hard to contact this company, they are officiously not replaying to this forum.
We should thin of another way, is there an admin user we can contact to get some additional information.

http://www.swype.com/contact.html

stijn1976
01-14-2016, 6:27 PM
I agree, some languages seem very small (like Catalan) and others are fully omitted, e.g. Korean.
Catalonia has a population of 7.5 mln
Bulgaria has a population of 7.2 mln
Estonia has a population of 1.5 mln

South Korea has a population of 50.6 mln, and you offer this language in Android. Why is it omitted from the poll? Are you already working on it so it doesn't need votes? Or is there no intention to develop keyboard for Korean?
China (population 1.7 bln) gets less votes than Catalan, Estonian and Bulgarian. Although one could say that this reflects where your users are, I'd say that it reflects this poll is completely senseless.

My last pet-peeve is that I see a lot of development by Swype in Android. Many languages and different skins. When I was on Android I was your biggest fan. But for iOS, it seems like you don't really care. You have updated the app last October 20th, almost 3 months ago. And you only support 23 languages since its launch in September 2014.

To compare, the Android app supports 75 languages, and many have handwriting support. I think the message I read on this forum is that users don't understand that while you have all the dictionaries for 52 more languages it takes so incredible long to add these to iOS? Personally, I love Swype and use it for English all the time, but I do miss Korean language support. And I am sure many miss the language of choice similarly.

babeh9694
01-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Please add INDONESIA Language in iphone swype keyboard.

I was purchase this application in my iphone, but cannot used coz INDONESIA Language not supported.

Please next update for INDONESIA Language for iPhone.
Thank you.

gelisob
09-07-2016, 12:20 PM
swiftkey is still lagging behind over a year now without being able to get their ESTONIAn language off the android into their iOS app, idno wtf is their problem but maybe swype can act faster and make the push?
The hell is the problem with this i wonder.. our language is so similar to hungarian and finnish and those are supported on both ios/android and apps..

davidyoon
09-26-2017, 11:48 PM
Please add Korean for iOS! Android has had Korean for several years now and I hope iOS will get Korean soon too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk