PDA

View Full Version : How do I backup and restore all the word behaviors Swype has learned?

random1destiny
10-13-2014, 8:21 PM
If I lose my phone or need to restore it how can I save and restore all the word behaviors Swype has learned so I don't have to re-program in all my custom words/etc?

I'm on iOS.

schmiddl
10-14-2014, 9:32 AM
Thanks for asking this question!! I signed up for this forum exclusively to ask the same thing! I used Swype on my iphone 5 for a couple of weeks and just switched to an iphone 6. Should it sync my dictionary through icloud? Because that did not work for me..but maybe it is my fault?

Jacob.W
10-14-2014, 9:41 AM
Hey guys,

Swype on iOS does not yet have the ability to Backup and/or Sync your personal dictionary or personal language model at this time. This is a feature that we support on Android, but don't yet have available on iOS. We are interested in bringing this functionality to Swype on iOS in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience,
Thanks

schmiddl
10-14-2014, 9:52 AM
Uh, too bad. Please make this your number one feature to add!

Brando
04-24-2015, 4:17 PM
bump.. and +1

garypendlebury
06-19-2015, 12:12 AM
Bump and +1.

PaulSwy1
08-22-2015, 8:54 PM
Ouch, that hurts!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cywangera
12-06-2016, 5:29 PM
If I lose my phone or need to restore it how can I save and restore all the word behaviors Swype has learned so I don't have to re-program in all my custom words/etc?

I'm on iOS.

If you backed up your phone with itunes or icloud, then you can easily restore (http://www.iphonetransferrecovery.com/tutorials/restore-iphone-from-old-itunes-backup.html) words from them.

csongetocsaba
12-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Hey guys,

Swype on iOS does not yet have the ability to Backup and/or Sync your personal dictionary or personal language model at this time. This is a feature that we support on Android, but don't yet have available on iOS. We are interested in bringing this functionality to Swype on iOS in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience,
Thanks

And what about now?
I've been using the sync function on android since 2012 between 4 devices and it's been working fine.
But now I'm trying to sync my words with my iphone and can't see any solutions.
Is there any?

Thanks