PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese for iOS idea

ChrisStunner
10-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I wish you guys would add the numbers 1-9 and 0 to the top of the keyboard like how keyboards for computers are. The Samsung keyboard does this. Can you add Vietnamese to swype for iOS. If you do that I would like to donate to contribute to your product, if you take donations. And when you add Vietnamese, can you make it so when you type out the word you are trying to type, it shows a list of all the words spelled that way but using different symbols/markings/telex on top of the keyboard. When you swype using Vietnamese, a lot of words are spelled the same, but use different symbols, so a list showing all the different words would be nice. A list that you can pull up or scroll left and right of all the likely words that I want to type would be great. Take a look at the Samsung keyboard for samsung phones. Switch to Vietnamese and you will see what I mean. Sometimes when I type a word on the samsung keyboard, it shows common phrases that uses that word and I can just tap on a phrase from the list. Very convenient. The Vietnamese Skype keyboard for Android is perfect. Please bring it to iOS. That keyboard is perfect for Vietnamese typing. I can't find anything like that for iOS.

Jacob.W
10-02-2014, 2:39 PM
Hello ChrisStunner,

For now, you can add numbers from the primary keyboard by pressing and holding on the top row of letters. Or, you can use our symbols layer (by tapping or pressing and holding on the ?123 key and sliding to your desired number), or num pad (press and hold on the Swype key and select the middle icon).

We are working on adding more languages to Swype on iOS as quickly as possible. We expect to add Vietnamese support in the future, but don't have a timeline to share just yet.

Thanks for your request!

ChrisStunner
10-03-2014, 7:29 AM
There's another third party keyboard that let's you slide up on the top row of keys to type a number very quickly. Also you can Swype down on the bottom row of letters to input marks very fast. I must also add that Vietnamese for Swype on Android is great. Make it just like that.