PDA

View Full Version : Buttons "," and "." Left and Right of Space BAR to be customizable

The6thLee
10-01-2014, 5:17 PM
Hi,

Firstly a massive thanks for now being available on iPhones / iOS8. Love the ease, speed and use of the Swype keyboard.

For a new feature I was hoping the two keys on the side of the Space Bar the "," and the "." could be personalized / customized. So instead of having a "," and "." on the side of the space bar I could change it to "?" and "." as I personally use the "?" more than the comma "," which I generally replace using a "." or "..."

I know its bad grammar. :)

Of course other users would use other types of symbols like "#" or "!" etc. more and so they could be customized according to peoples needs... It would be great to see in the settings this option to customize these buttons.

Also the current secondary function tool should still work and be customizable too. Eg. the "," can be changed to a "?" and then if we hold down the new "?" key then the secondary key could pop up for a "#" as many people are hash tagging and tweeting. And the "." key could remain but the secondary function could be changed to a "!" or and "@" or anything they like. Of course all this is customizable to peoples personal preferences.

Many thanks.

Andrew Warner
10-02-2014, 6:29 AM
Try sliding down from the letter M to the space bar. That'll give you your question mark.

bilalsyed
10-02-2014, 7:58 AM
true it should be cutomizable

Nate C
10-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Try sliding down from the letter M to the space bar. That'll give you your question mark.

Oh wow, that's awesome! How the heck did you find that out? Are there other things like this that aren't advertised anywhere?!

Jacob.W
10-09-2014, 3:22 PM
Thanks for the feature request The6thLee!

@NateC, you should check out our tips page at: http://www.swype.com/product-features/ios/tips.html

Some more cool stuff there! :)

You can also add an exclamation point by sliding from the letter "X" to the space bar. Comma and period can also be Swyped.