PDA

View Full Version : Left and Right Cursor Buttons

NickNL
09-29-2014, 11:07 AM
I would very much like to have left and right buttons for the cursor. It could be placed on the left and right side of the space bar, which will make the space bar a little shorter.

At this moment we only get these cursor keys on the standard IOS keyboard in landscape orientation, but it would be nice to have it on the Swype keyboard as well in both landscape and portrait mode. It will make editing your text (if necessary) a lot easier.

I also noticed a small bug. When you type a word and then press the spacebar and write a ":)" smiley face, it will be placed directly behind the last word automatically without space in between. To avoid this I guess you could use the standard smiley face from the keyboard, but sometimes you want to use a different smiley face :p

Jacob.W
09-30-2014, 2:30 PM
Hi Nick,

We've seen a lot of interest from our Android users in adding cursor buttons onto the keyboard. While we want to avoid overcrowding the keyboard space, we understand users' desire to have greater control over cursor position.

Thank you

PS: Regarding your other issue with spaces being removed, we're aware of the problem and are working on a resolution. We will be fixing this in an update.

james.elson
10-24-2014, 5:36 AM
Nah, not enough space. If you add this, make sure it's optional.