PDA

View Full Version : Change position of Swype button and ?123 button

Avnyc11
09-26-2014, 10:39 AM
The globe button and ?123 button are in the wrong order. To match iOS so that it becomes inherent, the ?123 should come first then the globe icon. There should also be an option to have the globe icon just change keyboards and not produce an alternate settings menu. The settings menu should be available within the app itself.
Please change the order of these 2 buttons to match the default iOS keyboard.
Thanks

Vermoot
09-27-2014, 6:46 AM
Seconded !

Jacob.W
09-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Hey guys,

We've been seeing this issue pop-up on social media too. This isn't at the top of our list at the moment, but we're considering this for the future. We'll be paying attention to the number of requests we see :)

Thanks!

Cdp1986
09-30-2014, 2:34 AM
I'm agree with that as well. Inverse the position of the button and even more important, make the globe button accessible in one tap instead of two. The settings can be in the app, we don't use it that much.

Easier to switch with Emojis or other keyboards.

Except for that little thing, your keyboard is great!

Is there a place where we can see the roadmap for the next versions?

The6thLee
10-01-2014, 4:56 PM
I Agree the Globe and ?123 buttons need to switch around to align it to Apple keyboard... Although Emoji has the globe on the far left bottom corner.

Also the Globe should be accessible in 1 click. The numpad is not really required as it already exists in the ?123 standard keyboard form like that of Apple keyboard and the Settings button could exist in the app settings.

Andrew Warner
10-02-2014, 6:30 AM
Yes, please make it easier to switch back to the old keyboard. I need to get to the dictate button faster.

Avnyc11
10-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Number pad is not necessary and settings should be within the Swype app out the iOS settings section. Then we would have a one click globe button.

gingerbeardman
10-07-2014, 2:12 PM
I'd also like to see these changes.

The keyboard should prioritise functionality and usability over branding.

melodrake
10-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Made an account here just to request this as well. This is definitely the most annoying part of the keyboard, which is otherwise great. It's actually bordering on irritating because when I swap to the other keyboard for whatever reason I keep getting mixed up now. Please make this basic feature a priority.

I don't think there needs to be a numberpad either but that's a secondary issue.

random1destiny
10-13-2014, 9:18 PM
Please swap the number button and the globe submenu button because they are the opposite order as the Apple keyboard which makes the user have to keep switching back and forth when cycling through keyboards. Maybe this order worked on Android but it is the opposite on iOS.

random1destiny
10-19-2014, 3:06 PM
Having the switch keyboard button buried and inverted in Swype is sooo annoying. It actually ruins the whole 3rd party keyboard experience because every other keyboard I can almost instantly cycle through except when it comes to Swype where I have to move over and make two taps in two places or Swype. Swype is literally acting like a roadbump.

Jacob, this is design common sense, you shouldn't have to wait for a certain number of votes to come in. If Apple sets the expectation to have the delete key always on the right side it would be terrible design to arbitrarily put your keyboard's backspace on the left, or to swap the enter and backspace buttons, etc. And having it buried is just aggravating. I hope you'll fix it soon because every day I'm so close to switching over to Swiftkey so I can enjoy easy access to all my keyboards again.

james.elson
10-24-2014, 6:33 AM
+1

Yep, I created my account just to request this too. Having the "numbers" button in a different place on different keyboards is *so* annoying,
especially as we'll always need to use the standard keyboard for passwords.

James

ScubaNaked
11-09-2014, 7:40 PM
I agree. The buttons need to change.

Swap Swype key and ?123 key positions

Change Swype key to the normal world button

Hold world button to get to settings

Hold down ?123 to get to Number pad

These seem to me to be the least keystrokes and most normalized/intuitive behaviour. Imo

ct1384
11-10-2014, 3:53 AM
I completely agree. I know quite a few people who aren't that competent with their phones but like the Swype keyboard but find it too much of a pain to learn because of the differences between Swype and the standard Apple keyboard for basic functions like getting to Emoji and the punctuation keyboard is a completely different layout.

Given they have to use the standard Apple keyboard in certain places, having to learn 2 layouts is seen as too much hassle and they stick with the standard keyboard.

Ideally Swype would be basically identical in every way to the standard keyboard apart from also having the ability to 'Swype'.

lancastor
11-10-2014, 4:13 AM
Please swap the buttons and get rid off the popup menu.

bllydia
11-10-2014, 8:59 AM
I completely agree. I know quite a few people who aren't that competent with their phones but like the Swype keyboard but find it too much of a pain to learn because of the differences between Swype and the standard Apple keyboard for basic functions like getting to Emoji and the punctuation keyboard is a completely different layout.

Given they have to use the standard Apple keyboard in certain places, having to learn 2 layouts is seen as too much hassle and they stick with the standard keyboard.

Ideally Swype would be basically identical in every way to the standard keyboard apart from also having the ability to 'Swype'.

+1000

Swype should = stock iOS keyboard layout + 'Swype" function + themes.

syr1990
11-13-2014, 4:41 PM
I also agree that the 123 button should be moved and placed as the closest button to the left edge of the phone. I actually stopped using Swype because of this reason, because it is very difficult to get used to it being elsewhere given the fact that all the other keyboards (including the default ios keyboard that most are used to) have it placed there.

pekuhn
11-14-2014, 4:29 PM
+1 from me

Alexander-10
11-25-2014, 4:55 PM
Made an account here just to request this as well. This is definitely the most annoying part of the keyboard, which is otherwise great.

Hi, I'm Alex and I did the same: an account on the forum just for those few but fundamental requests:

1) Invert the position of the globe and "?123", or, at least, I ask to the developers to add an option for us to decide the position.

2) the Globe should be accessible in 1 click. The numpad is not really required as it already exists in the ?123 standard keyboard form like that of Apple keyboard and the Settings button could exist in the app settings.

3) Instead of giving us just 1 emoji, let's give us a botton to click that link to all the emoji

best regards,
Alex

Slickaxe456
12-01-2014, 3:14 PM
I absolutely agree with you, it's frustrating having to adjust to the new layout. Also the settings within the app is a better idea because of how inconvenient it is to have in the keyboard. The dial pad should be automatic when dealing with entering someone's phone number or entering an age. If they were to listen to us and fix this, this keyboard could be the best keyboard!

BlueTypist
02-24-2015, 12:03 PM
I agree. Please make this change (or make it a preference).

Tournicotii
04-04-2015, 9:22 PM
Registered to this forum just to add my voice to request swapping the swype and number buttons. While you are at it, please make the globe button more accessible (it is now buried in a sub level), and make it behave like the default Apple one: a long press brings a list of other keyboards. Thanks.

yotamg
04-07-2015, 9:06 PM
I agree. I would prefer the Swype keyboard to have consistent button placement with Apple's keyboard.

Avnyc11
04-22-2015, 8:38 PM
Any update on this?

Thank you :)

mingyeungs
07-08-2015, 4:09 AM
Created an account just to request this feature as well. As far as I can see, it's the most requested features in this board, and there're lots of comments regarding this issue in the App Store. Not sure how the developer team decide to ignore it. I've been waiting for this improvement for many months and it's always been a pain. The recent addition of emoji make switching keyboard even harder, and I decided to remove Swype.

Hopefully the developers would make the UX right one day.