PDA

View Full Version : swype space

migr10090946
05-05-2010, 3:07 PM
Simpily allow users to swype over the space bar to space as oppossed to having to press space or use auto space which i find quite annoying this would allow us to continue to swype without interruption and swype full sentances without stoping

migr1586866
05-05-2010, 3:17 PM
Thanks for your idea. This could possibly be implemented as another function of the space bar because we do not plan to get rid of the auto-space function. The space that is automatically inserted when the user lifts their finger is a key component of Swype and helps it to function very quickly. Also, by being able to lift your finger and place it on the beginning letter of the next word you want to enter, Swype can be more accurate. For example if you could Swype to the space bar and continue to Swype without interruption the trace path would be distorted if you wanted to enter a word starting with any of the top or middle letters on the keypad. Do you understand what I'm saying? It is kind of hard to explain with just words and no device to show you. Thanks so much for your suggestion though!!

migr10090946
05-05-2010, 3:44 PM
I understand what your saying but it would be nice to be able to at least try this also how about adding the tap to edit or changd a word on android like you can on the omina 2 thats a feature i would love to have

migr1586866
05-05-2010, 3:49 PM
That is actually one of our high priority suggestions and we are continuously adding to the list of suggestions. We base what we decide to take on popularity as well as how it would function with the device. I'll be sure to add your suggestions to the list along with the other good suggestions!

migr4730491
06-09-2010, 6:19 PM
Trey - put that suggestion list online and give us voting possibility, that way you'll see what the most popular features are. :)

migr12458165
06-25-2010, 2:25 PM
Being able to swype sentences without lifting your finger could be very time saving. What if when you got to the first letter of the new word after swyping through the space bar the user made a gesture similar to the one used to add double letters to reset the swype path.

migr12623131
07-03-2010, 12:15 PM
i like the auto space. i have the htc evo and auto space box is checked, works great in the stock browser. i'm trying to use the most up to date dolphin hd browser and auto space isnt working, please fix.

Eric
08-28-2010, 9:39 PM
Autospace does work fine, but I agree, if there was maybe a small button you could swype to in order to indicate you were starting a new word, you'd never have to stop swyping or lift your finger between words or hit the space bar between words. That would be awesome and siginificantly increase teh speed. Perhaps you guys can build in that if the "Swype function button" (on the lower left) is swyped to that indicates the person is finished with a word and is moving to the next work...

Mobilebabe
08-31-2010, 12:54 PM
That is a good idea.

Newend
09-03-2010, 8:23 PM
I don't know if this is the best place for this, but adding an auto space if you have a period, then swype a letter? I frequently find myself having to delete a word to add the space back in and get a capital letter.

brian.resnik
09-03-2010, 9:20 PM
I don't know if this is the best place for this, but adding an auto space if you have a period, then swype a letter? I frequently find myself having to delete a word to add the space back in and get a capital letter.

Instead of tapping the period key, try Swyping from the period key to the space bar. Tapping period intentionally suppresses auto-space for the next word, because we assume that if you want a period followed by a space you'll use the period-space gesture.

subjonas
11-07-2011, 10:57 PM
This is an old thread so I'm guessing the suggestion is not being considered anymore. But I just wanted to give my two cents in case it's still being considered-- Swyping to the spacebar between each word seems more inconvenient than slightly lifting your thumb and going directly to a new word and letting the space be automatically inserted. Swyping to the spacebar would require more of a range of movement of your finger/thumb, especially if the last letter of the first word and the first letter of the next word are far from the spacebar. So even though you wouldn't have to lift your finger, it will take longer. I think Swype has it right with autospace.