PDA

View Full Version : Emails broken again?

daveeeh
02-14-2011, 5:15 AM
Not receiving any activation emails, i see a few weeks ago there was a problem with your email server and the last post says if it reoccurs make a new thread.

This is that.

Dave

rob.boehm
02-14-2011, 4:15 PM
I just registered under a new email, received the activation email, and then resubmitted for activation and received that as well. Also verified that the link received from the email would also activate the account after logging into it.

Try to resubmit for another activation email here: https://beta.swype.com/android/user/resendactivation/

If you continue to have problems please reply.

Thanks

Ryshad
02-18-2011, 1:28 AM
Is this definitely working? I tried resending my beta invite a couple of times and got nothing (inbox and spam checked and rechecked).
I also signed up with a new email address and have yet to receive a confirmation. Tried the resend link in post above but no luck either :( I want my swype back :'(

Smokeaire
02-18-2011, 2:12 AM
I had to use my email invite just a few hours ago to reinstall Swype because of the expired license bug, worked fine.

Ryshad
02-18-2011, 3:01 AM
Did you use your original email, or did you use the website to have an invite resent?
I deleted my original email (thinking wrongly that I wouldnt need it once I had installed) and now my beta has expired. My problem is that the "Resend Invite" function is not sending me my invite. I also registered with a new email address since the beta is now open but I didnt recieve my confirmation. It seems to point to a problem with the mail server again...I notice from previous posts that the server has gone down on a couple of occasions. Could a dev check it please, and if it's not that, I would love it if someone could offer an alternative method of downloading the current beta as i really really really hate the stock keypad, almost as much as i love swype :p

Smokeaire
02-18-2011, 3:35 AM
I used my original email. I archived it to make it easier to find in case I needed it again.

rob.boehm
02-18-2011, 3:53 AM
What happens when using the link I posted above?

h0ttzfg
02-18-2011, 3:59 AM
Not receiving any activation emails, i see a few weeks ago there was a problem with your email server and the last post says if it reoccurs make a new thread.

This is that.

vikingo
02-18-2011, 4:10 AM
Yep, same problem here............subscribed and handed over several email addresses couple of hours ago and still no emails back either............please fix asap.......so sick of my keyboard...........:(

Ryshad
02-18-2011, 4:51 AM
Link above does same thing.
If i try my original sign up it says i have already activated.
If i try the email i signed up with today it says Email Sent but i haven't received anything yet.

StanL6
02-18-2011, 5:54 AM
I am a different user. Cannot get activation link to register for beta on Android. Did get the activation link to register for the forum, obviously. Nothing in spam. Please check out the email link for the site and not for the forum as that is NOT the problem.

StanL6
02-18-2011, 5:58 AM
Cannot get email to activate for login to get android download. the forum activation worked fine.

brian.resnik
02-18-2011, 6:33 AM
Email script caught the flu. Antibiotics applied. You should receive all your emails now :)

Tronna
02-18-2011, 7:35 AM
Same problem. Signed up an hour or two ago, have also tried the above link. Got my forum confirmation immediately, it's just the beta that I'm not getting.

Rabnud
02-18-2011, 8:08 AM
I tried to sign up last night, no email. Tried a few times to have it resend it... no dice. Just tried again. :/

vespadaddy
02-18-2011, 9:20 AM
My Swype was evidently expired today. I uninstalled the app and the installer, then hit the Swype Beta page to resend the email--no dice. I've tried it several times this morning, no emails have come through. I also checked the spam folder--nothing.

I think another dose of the scrip is required--the flu is still in force.

brian.resnik
02-18-2011, 10:00 AM
*shouting can be heard from nearby* DON'T DIE ON ME, YOU BASTARD! NOT ON MY WATCH! ... *several seconds pass*

Alright, we've given the server a shot of adrenaline and started it on an IV. He's stabilized for now, but we're keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't relapse.

vespadaddy
02-18-2011, 10:19 AM
That last cardiac kick must have worked, because I just got my re-activation email.

Thanks!

Tronna
02-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Got mine. Now to attempt installation!

eyyochen
02-23-2011, 1:28 PM
I tried signing up for the Beta but am not receiving the email. I have checked my Spam.

sam8940
02-23-2011, 3:25 PM
Same here....

bach42
02-23-2011, 4:00 PM
Same here.

Sean Fleming
02-23-2011, 4:47 PM
No email for me either....registered hours ago....bah!

sam8940
02-23-2011, 5:46 PM
Meh.........

Jdogg836
02-23-2011, 8:02 PM
Having the same issues as everyone else. Nuked my phone, need to get the installer re-installed and I didn't save my original email. Read this whole thread and following that other link did NOT work.

Cranny78
02-23-2011, 8:39 PM
It also isn't working for me

traenol
02-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Ditto, not receiving an activation email.

followed procedure to resend with no change.

checked spam folder repeatedly just to make sure :-p

jbang917
02-24-2011, 1:02 AM
same problem as everyone else. tried all things suggested to no avail...

olijnoble
02-24-2011, 6:08 AM
Hi, same issue today, have re registered, but still not getting the activation e mail....Any news please?

MatUK.8
02-24-2011, 6:12 AM
Same here, registered about an hour ago. No email. Registered 2 different email addresses and resent activation.

brian.resnik
02-24-2011, 6:33 AM
Should be up again. Someone's trying to inject code or use invalid characters in the registration process. It's catching the exception but shutting down the mail process as a result. We're working on making sure that doesn't happen anymore. Either way, it should be working again...for now :D

MatUK.8
02-24-2011, 7:08 AM
I got my account activation email. Now waiting for the next email.

sam8940
02-24-2011, 1:54 PM
Its back up... got my email:o

traenol
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Should be up again. Someone's trying to inject code or use invalid characters in the registration process. It's catching the exception but shutting down the mail process as a result. We're working on making sure that doesn't happen anymore. Either way, it should be working again...for now :D

Thats an interesting issue, hope you guys are able to resolve the problem.

Beowolf
03-02-2011, 5:12 AM
I hesitate to bring this up again as it seems to have been working for the last few days, but I haven't received any activation emails after registering for the beta.

I've tried to resend the activation once.

The activation email for the forum arrived at the same address within a minute.

MissJeneffer
03-02-2011, 6:10 AM
Hello,

I just registered but I did not receive an activation email to download Swype to my phone. When I registered to respond to this forum, I immediately received a confirmation email. I attempted to resend the email and I still no email. Please help, I would love to use Swype!

Thanks.

DMNecris
03-02-2011, 6:27 AM
This seems to be an issue again, I received my forum account activation email almost immediately without any problems, but still haven't receieved my beta account email, despite resending.

codyg1985
03-02-2011, 8:37 AM
I am also having the issue with not getting the activation email. I really want to try this out!

chambersj
03-02-2011, 9:24 AM
One more person to add in with the not receiving activation and password reset emails. Looking forward to using Swype again. It's an awesome product!

DMNecris
03-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Just got my activation emails now, so I guess it's working again.

j17sjs
03-07-2011, 1:32 AM
Still not working - I downloaded the Swype Installer separately, and got all excited about getting around the email issue but because I haven't received the email to activate my Beta account I can't install it.

Really looking forward to testing this out!

lexvolt
03-07-2011, 6:22 AM
Ive been trying several days with different emails and still no activation or beta account email, hope you guys fix this soon, thanks.

j17sjs
03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Update: Received my activation email approx 6 hours after registering. Don't know if this is due to email server issues or what, but all working fine now.

TexasGeezer
03-07-2011, 8:33 PM
Running slow now. It has been two hours and no e-mail yet.

Mischiew
03-08-2011, 5:53 AM
Not working here either, from the posted link or from the Register button on the site, and it's not in the spam. The forum email came through without any problem.

TexasGeezer
03-08-2011, 8:25 AM
Mine arrived almost 12 hrs later. Installed and ran tutorial, but do not see Swype keyboard, even after changing my Settings. Hope to get it working.

TexasGeezer
03-08-2011, 9:26 AM
Finally got Swype up and running, but download and install process is the most complicated I've ever seen. I am an experienced computer user and just built my own i7 quad core desktop. Why so confusing a process to get an app installed????

whysix
06-30-2011, 6:28 AM
Still waiting for my activation e-mail,
Get your stuff fixed or put up an error message when resending the activation code so we know what's wrong with the system.

whysix
06-30-2011, 9:35 PM
Need to bump or?

530elf13
10-31-2011, 1:44 AM
Really need an activation key... this is pretty frustrating...

Paulie
08-18-2012, 2:57 PM
I see this is a big problem since February...why hasn't it been resolved? I signed up, no activation email. When I try to sigh in am told my email and password must be incorrect. When I try to retrieve password, am told my email address doesn't exist or is wrong. When I try to register again, am told I am registered and given a link that takes me right into my account. In my account I see there is no where to request a resend. Am assuming if I move to another computer, I won't be able to get into my account at all.

This is frustrating an annoying and the only reason I want this is because I had swype on my galaxy S and now have galaxy III. I hate the predictive text on the keyboard when I turn it off I can't swipe the keyboard so I wanted to return to Swype. I've already spent half an hour trying to get this beta and nothing.

Giving up. Hey guys this a product that you want people to eventually buy or license to android and Apple, don't make it so darn hard. Moving on

Ashgarden
08-20-2012, 6:24 AM
Paulie: I saw another user in another thread that had a similar issue. Can you confirm that you are creating a Forum account AND a Swype Beta account? They are not linked at the moment...

jdesilva
08-20-2012, 2:35 PM
Like Paulie above, I came here to report that I cannot login to the site (http://beta.swype.com/android/user/login/). When I submit my email address and password, it returns "The email address and password is either incorrect or not in our system."

So I go to the retrieve password page (https://beta.swype.com/android/user/lostpassword/) and it accepts my email address and I even receive the email in Gmail. I follow all the steps and reset my email and try to login and I get the same error:

"The email address and password is either incorrect or not in our system."

Please advise.

P.S. Big (BIG) fan of SWYPE since 2010! :) Thank you for this awesome app!

shazoo
09-13-2012, 1:03 PM
I haven't received an activation email for the installer... I tried about 4 times, no dice

David Johnstone
09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
I haven't received an activation email for the installer... I tried about 4 times, no dice

Have you checked your spam/junk folders? Do you have any forwarding setup on your email accounts?

shazoo
09-14-2012, 3:34 PM
Yes, I have checked my spam and I do not use forwarding.
My bf has an account as well and requested an installer email and never received one either, so it's not just me... the emails aren't getting sent out

I also tried changing to my comcast email address - no email
Gmail - no email.