PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance to disable fullscreen display of swype Beta?

hothandao
02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi,

There is an difference between swype beta and pre-installed in Dell streak that the fullscreen has been disable, so in Dell Streak, we can see other content instead of just input box.

I really wanna know if there is any chance to get this feature in swype Beta?

Thanks,

Chebon
02-25-2011, 3:09 AM
I'm in the same position you are... I paid for Root Explorer so I could delete the preinstalled version and install the beta because I was unable to delete words from the dictionary. Over time I built up so much junk in my dictionary that I couldn't delete that swype became unusable. I can delete words now but swype is pretty much unusable if replying to something you need to read at the same time. We have more than enough real estate on our screens, there is no reason for swype to hijack it all.

brian.resnik
02-28-2011, 7:34 AM
Unfortunately, at this time landscape view for Swype is fullscreen-only. I'll add your opinions to our "feature request" list and make sure to bring it up at our next feature development meeting. Thanks for the feedback!

drewfus
03-26-2011, 4:29 PM
This has really bothered me too; it's a deal breaker for me. I'll be going back to built in swype until I don't have to have full screen in landscape.

sejtam
03-29-2011, 9:31 PM
I agree, full screen is not very user friendly, esp since it only shows the input field and no context, captions, instructions that may be around it, so one had to go back, memorise and re-Input. Cumbersome

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk