PDA

View Full Version : Why won't the installer let me sign in?

aerospacemango
02-11-2011, 5:59 AM
Hi all,

I had Swype on my LG GT540, before Christmas, but it was such a resource-hungry beastie that I uninstalled it.

Now that I have installed 2.2, and have plenty of spare space, I have come back.

However, I don't seem to be able to log-in through the installer. It says I must have an "ACTIVE" account. Has my account become inactive? If so, is it possible to re-activate?

Cheers!

Mango

brian.resnik
02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
According to our records, your account is active and should work just fine. Please check your password (it's case sensitive), and if you still have trouble, try resetting your password here: https://beta.swype.com/android/user/lostpassword/

aerospacemango
02-18-2011, 3:08 AM
Thanks for the reply, Brian, and apologies for my tardiness in getting back to you.

I have now upgraded to 2.3, but am still experiencing problems with downloading SWYPE again!

"The data network experienced a problem. Please try again"

Is this your end, or mine???

(I am on my workplace network, with a 1GB line, so there shouldn't be any trouble at my end!

rob.boehm
02-18-2011, 4:17 AM
You van download the apk on another computer here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1340-The-Swype-Installer-Apk Then transfer to your SD card and launch using a file manager like Astrix.

aerospacemango
02-18-2011, 4:55 AM
Hi Robert....

I don't think it's the installer that's the problem.

I have just installed from that link, and I'm still getting the same message...."data network experienced a problem"

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help, so far!

*EDIT* Would it be because I have flashed 2.3 (Gingerbread) onto my phone??

brian.resnik
02-18-2011, 12:50 PM
We currently have an issue with Gingerbread where it will display "data network experienced a problem" instead of the proper error message - either "incorrect username/password" or "your account is not activated." Most likely you should be getting the password error. Please make sure that you're entering your information. Be aware that passwords are CASE SENSITIVE and that auto-caps for some keyboards can make the first letter you type in the password field uppercase when it shouldn't be.

rob.boehm
02-18-2011, 5:13 PM
I think you're lying. Was having the problem earlier today and just did a restore to get Swype back.

rob.boehm
02-18-2011, 5:17 PM
*sigh* was logging in with my username as me login id rather than my email address. x_x

aerospacemango
02-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi guys....

Thanks for all your help!

Changed my password, entirely, and now the installer works! Shame that Swype doesn't! The track shows, but no word! Do you want me to open a new thread for this in bugs??