PDA

View Full Version : Swype Installer completes with a Not Properly Licensed status - To Fix does not work.

jchappel
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I've downloaded the Swype Beta product and am trying to install it into my Android phone and keep getting the following License message on the install:

ATTENTION! Swype is not properly licensed. To Fix - Press "Disable Swype" and 1) uncheck the box next to Swype then, 2) hit the BACK button to return and "Generate License".

The problem is when I hit the "Disable Swype" button, there is NO box to uncheck next to Swype? Where and/or what is this option box and where can it be found? I've tried this install 4 times and have made no progress.

So I would appreciate any support on resolving this installation issue.

Thank,
J.C.

rob.boehm
02-07-2011, 1:11 PM
What device and ROM are you installing Swype on? Is it MIUI? If so this is a known problem with that rom. Please refer to the following known error documentation: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?2281-Unable-to-install-Swype-on-MIUI-Rom

jchappel
02-07-2011, 1:57 PM
I have the Android 2.2 running on Verizon's network...

jchappel
02-07-2011, 1:58 PM
Where and/or what do I need to check to see if the RAM is MIUI?

rob.boehm
02-07-2011, 2:12 PM
You could be talking about several different devices regarding a Verizon Android 2.2 device; Droid, Droid X, Droid Incredible, Droid 2, Droid Pro, Fascinate, Vortex, Citrus, Continuum, or Ally.

BTW you'd know if you installed MIUI, so don't worry about that :-)

jchappel
02-07-2011, 3:03 PM
Thanks Rob... Sorry I should have been more specific. I have the Droid Pro and your correct in that I didn't download MIUI.

rob.boehm
02-07-2011, 7:29 PM
There are some reports on the operating system handling the activation of input devices, like MIUI. However; I didn't think that Droid Pro was one if them. From the Home Screen if you press the menu button then select settings and tap the Language and Keyboard Settings option do you have Swype at all listed in there?

jchappel
02-08-2011, 8:39 AM
Rob, Yes I can see Swype in the list of Language and Keyboards.

rob.boehm
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Is there a check box there for Swype? If yes then just uncheck that and run the installer again. It should be able pick up where it left off and complete the install.

triphoss
02-11-2011, 8:26 PM
I have an EVO on sprint

Swype shows up, but there is no box to check or uncheck so I can;t follow the "fix it" instructions to generate a liscence

I downloaded it yesterday version1.1.17861 (v11.4)

i am running:
ANdroid 2.2

rob.boehm
02-13-2011, 8:50 PM
Please check our known error thread regarding this issue:
http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?2287-Unable-to-uncheck-uninstall-Swype-Swype-PreLoad-Production-Device