PDA

View Full Version : Latest Beta- my frustrations

marshall
02-05-2011, 11:59 AM
1- I was always amazed how consistently Swype would "guess" the word I wanted. No longer true. Just the opposite now.

2- I still have nonsense words like woel that gets entered when I try to put in work. When I delete it it still shows up. Jer is another one (instead of her) and boie is yet another. Where does this crap come from and why can't I get rid of it?

3- When I go to double tap on a word I always seem to miss and hit another. That never used to happen.

4- Names keep getting put in instead of words. for example, I get Swype the word just, Judy gets put in. This is stupid.

All in all, If I put in a couple sentences with the new beta I always have several corrections. Not sure it is faster than ordinary keyboard anymore, maybe slower. It also seems that every new beta adds some improvements but always takes some steps backwards also. Does anyone use this stuff before it is released. I noticed all this the first day I installed it! I just took this long to post because I getting resigned and losing enthusiasm.

rob.boehm
02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
As if it matters I use Swype daily to respond to the majority of the threads here. I'm guessing you're probably syncing names with facebook or something on the sort. While we do still think scrubbing names from contact lists and words to search terms, we do agree it needs to be much better.

If if have to guess if say most people at Swype are constantly reinstalling their roms for development reasons. I know in my use because on this getting a stockpile of scrubbed search terms isn't a problem. I could imagine since most people don't do this the database can get cluttered.

As mentioned in other threads were improving dictionary control so Swype won't re-add words that are deleteed. Also mentioned in other threads is that this is due for the next update. We'll need to push out an update at the beginning of March or else everybody's license will start failing.

Personally I think we'll need a bit more time, but I guess we'll see who's right in about 4-5 weeks. :-)

marshall
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
As if it matters I use Swype daily to respond to the majority of the threads here. I'm guessing you're probably syncing names with facebook or something on the sort. While we do still think scrubbing names from contact lists and words to search terms, we do agree it needs to be much better.

If if have to guess if say most people at Swype are constantly reinstalling their roms for development reasons. I know in my use because on this getting a stockpile of scrubbed search terms isn't a problem. I could imagine since most people don't do this the database can get cluttered.

As mentioned in other threads were improving dictionary control so Swype won't re-add words that are deleteed. Also mentioned in other threads is that this is due for the next update. We'll need to push out an update at the beginning of March or else everybody's license will start failing.

Personally I think we'll need a bit more time, but I guess we'll see who's right in about 4-5 weeks. :-)

I don't sync with Facebook. My signature is not up to date either. I just replaced my droid inc and I am running the stock ROM with a fresh install of the new beta Swype.

I never had this problem with names instead of words before. I always had the problem with the junk words like boie instead of now and woel instead or work. Now I have a new one, I get jer instead of her. I can do the uninstall process but the words persist. Where do they come from and why won't they delete??

Another new issue is that Swype just doesn't guess as well as it always did. It always seemed like magic that the word I wanted was at the top of the choice list but that just isn't true any more. I've tried adjusting speed vs accuracy to no avail.

All this just makes it a much slower process. I don't have the speed I used to have with Swype because I am constantly correcting it.

Thanks..........Marc

marshall
02-17-2011, 2:44 PM
Still having these problems. Swype for 20 secs and spend longer editing. Here is a small example I just encountered. Wanted to swype "at work now", got "St woel boie". useless waste of time.

brian.resnik
02-18-2011, 7:27 AM
Hey Marc,

We've got an update coming out within the next several weeks that may address these issues for you. Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement that should show up in your email, probably around the beginning of March (no guarantees though :D)

marshall
02-18-2011, 8:27 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed. I love Swype and very much want to keep using. It seems to me that for word prediction and accuracy it was much better a few iterations ago. Aside from the nonsense/junk words it just used to know my intended word much more often.

Thanks