PDA

View Full Version : How to swype emoticons?

MoneyAddyct
02-01-2011, 9:38 PM
I've read that to swipe a smile face I should just be able to swipe from "j" (:) to "p" ()), but I get "jp" instead of a smiley face. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

rob.boehm
02-02-2011, 3:58 AM
Try Swypeing "j,p" :-)

metalron
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
I had the same issue, what worked for me was to manually choose ":P" from the word choice after it select "jp" , even try removing "jp" on its own if added to the dictionary, or even manually doing a ":" "p" dont know how it works but even it would give preference to the smiley.

Selene
02-13-2015, 2:19 PM
I realize this thread is quite old, but because of the title, it is the perfect place to put my comment.

By accident, I recently discovered that I can gesture emoticons, and a variety of other things, by swiping from the comma to valid other letter keys. For a few days I thought something was wrong, since my swiping from comma to space was producing a :-\ but then I realized I was just being ham-thumbed, and was swiping half the time from the comma to the V key.

Not every letter produces something when gesturing from the comma to it, but many do. And I saw no mention of this ability inside the gestures section of the Swype Settings.

I would like to see sometime, the ability for us to create our own gestures, and more personal customization options maybe, like add or remove emotes we don't use from the emoticons pop-up; program our own gestures for anything (opening apps as it does with Swype-gm or Swype-s) and perhaps even let us configure what are the characters available on long-purse of keys.

Also (yes :-/ I seem very needy all of a sudden!) If we could change the size, color, and contrast of the secondary characters on the key faces, that would be marvelous. As my keyboard appears right now, there is enough room on the key faces for ALL of the following:
... larger characters,
... larger secondary characters,
... AND even a third secondary character or function, such as an emoticon or app launing indicator of some sort.
... actually, with the current size and scale, there is enough room on my keys for the main character, and a secondary character in each of the 4 corners of the keys.

Flintstone
02-13-2015, 7:27 PM
What the duck, I didn't know about this feature either?!

FcCk..
02-14-2015, 12:34 AM
Which ", + letters" work for you?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505

Selene
02-14-2015, 4:26 AM
Possible that the output depends on context for some keys, but here's what I get with COMMA+LETTERS when I do them in a blank text input field, such as this box I'm typing into here:

,a = zzz, Xmas, Xavier
,b = :-)
,c = :-(
,d = :-!
,e = zero, zed
,f = see, Xerox, Xfinity (???)
,g = not sure, seems like odd selection of results..
,h = nothing useful
,i = :-O, Xiao (this probably thinks I mean to hit O, not I)
,j = :-/, random other things.
,k = not consistent
,L = nothing
,M = nothing
,N = nothing useful
,o = :-O
,p = :-P
,Q = saw, saw, then "Please try again"
,R = nothing useful
,s = Xerox, xxx, xxx, xxx, Czech, xxx, xxx (not useful I guess)
,t = nothing consistent
,u = :-) is usually made
,v = :-/
,w = random things
,x = xxx
,y = nothing useful
,z = nothing useful..