PDA

View Full Version : Quit Working ...

clogteachr
01-26-2011, 7:50 AM
SPRINT Network went down, Swype quit working. After two battery pulls and several shut downs, I uninstalled and when I went to reinstall I get the following:

ERROR: Swype is either a) not compatible with your Device or b) is included in a System Update from from your Carrier.

I've checked with Sprint and they don't know of (of course the telephone reps would be the last to know) any updates heading my way.

I'm using a Sanyo ZIO.

PS: It was working on Sunday ... before the SPRINT Network outage.

superjermz
01-27-2011, 3:51 AM
SPRINT Network went down, Swype quit working. After two battery pulls and several shut downs, I uninstalled and when I went to reinstall I get the following:

ERROR: Swype is either a) not compatible with your Device or b) is included in a System Update from from your Carrier.

I've checked with Sprint and they don't know of (of course the telephone reps would be the last to know) any updates heading my way.

I'm using a Sanyo ZIO.

PS: It was working on Sunday ... before the SPRINT Network outage.

Yesterday my Cricket Sanyo Zio started having tons of funky errors so I reset it back to factory settings and reinstalled all my apps...except swype. I am getting the same error you are, and cricket has been telling there customers for months that they will seeing an upgrad to 2.2 sometime in FEB...but they have been saying "Some time in (month) since september...anyway I digress. Perhaps Sprint and Cricket are going to push the phones to 2.2 and Swype will be installed by default? All I know is without swype I hate texting. A lot.