PDA

View Full Version : Let me remove words from the factory dictionary

jzaruba
01-25-2011, 2:17 AM
Swype needs to allow users to remove 'factory' words. There are words that don't make any sense at all. It would be OK if we could remove them.

swyping "la" gives me "Lkjhgfdsa" (how did this make it into the dictionary???)
also there's no "Hˇvno" in my language, the proper word is "Hovno" (slang term for "poo")
...I can't remove any of those, etc. etc.

caschleen
01-26-2011, 9:36 AM
Either the dictionary needs to be modifiable, or it could follow user preferences. For example, entering numbers is really annoying. If I tap '1' to be followed by ':30 pm', the '1' will by default select '1000cents.' Who has ever used that before? I don't even know what it is supposed to mean.

Similarly with '4' and '4ever.' Maybe teenagers take precedence, but I know for myself I am more likely to message people with times we are supposed to meet up than ruminations on the length of our friendship.

This is my chief complaint. Otherwise, I am very grateful for Swype and think it's the best thing after a full-sized QWERTY keyboard.

joanna.mars
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I agree that we need to be able to remove words from the factory dictionary. ESPECIALLY when it comes to numbers. Every time I'm trying to type 7:30, I end up with 76ers:30. How many people use 76ers?? What a ridiculous phrase to make the first choice for the number 7!! Fix this please!

rob.boehm
02-03-2011, 9:12 AM
This is the next big enhancement that we're working on right now. Brian mentioned in a previous thread that it well be in the next beta up date. Personally I disagree as we'll need to update someone in the beginning on March our everybodies license well expire. I just don't think it will be done that soon. I guess we'll see who's right in about 5-6 weeks ;-)

caschleen
02-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Looking forward to this update. Don't quite understand what you mean about lavender expiring... Maybe you meant to Swype something else. :)

rob.boehm
02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah lol. Lavender = License

fix,d