PDA

View Full Version : Erratic Behavior on Android 2.3.1

TheNewZackMorris
01-24-2011, 10:42 AM
This weekend I updated to Android 2.3.1 on the original droid. Had no problem installing Swype (the latest beta version). However, now the software is acting weird. On earlier versions of Android when I would trace a word the line would be a straight line, now the line is very squiggly; even a trace between just two letters. Also, I'm getting a lot of random words showing up that I'm pretty sure aren't real words.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? It's almost as if it's not reading my input correctly. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

colombiancoffee
02-10-2011, 8:24 AM
I installed a 2.3 custom ROM on my HTC Hero and I then installed Swype and I get the "configured for another device" issue.

brian.resnik
02-10-2011, 9:08 AM
TheNewZackMorris: The current version of the beta hasn't yet been optimized for use with Gingerbread, so I'm not surprised that you're seeing some erratic behavior. We have some changes that are just now making it to our release branch that should address many of the issues you're seeing. Stay tuned for an update to the beta coming soon :)

colombiancoffee: Please check the "KNOWN ISSUES" subforum for help with the "configured for another device" error.

colombiancoffee
02-10-2011, 9:24 AM
Brian, I have re-installed and it is working properly now. Thank you.

oshizo
02-10-2011, 11:54 AM
well i just installed it on my nexus s and not having a problem... though when i first turned on my s from the og droid i did have to uninstall it as it was not doing anything. now though thumbs up.