PDA

View Full Version : Nexus One new OTA to Froyo 2.2.2 FRG83G breaks Swype

Jerry85032
01-21-2011, 2:00 PM
I just received a new OTA update to Froyo 2.2.2 FRG83G on my Nexus One, and it broke Swype.

I ran the installer, and it checked and didn't find any new Swype releases. It did set the input method back to Swype, but that didn't do a bit of good. By the by, do you happen to have a wee bit o mustard on the bridge?

Right now the Swype keyboard can have "typical" press a key kinds of input, but none of them fancy pants Swype keyboard inputs.

spikemixture
01-21-2011, 8:40 PM
that sounds the same as I now get after an OTA to 2.3.2 on a Galaxy Nexus S.
I unstalled and am currently t r y i n g to d/l and reinstall swype beta.

Good news - reinstall works -whew

Jerry85032
01-22-2011, 2:32 AM
After my first unsuccessful try with the installer, I uninstalled Swype, but not the installer, and let the installer download it again, enable it, license it, polish it, and at that point, Swype does work on Froyo 2.2.2.

/and I'm shaking my tiny fist at you spikemixture with your gingerbready phone!

henriquesp
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi there,

I also confirm that removing the Swype app (not the Swype Installer app) and redownloading/reinstalling it thru the Swype Installer app fixes Swype after the Nexus One 2.2.2 update (FRG83G).

ynoty3k
01-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Wow guys, Thanks for the great work around so fast, I was just coming on to see if this was a common issue.

P.s. As far as Gingerbread goes on the N1, where the heck is it?!?

K-Gyer
01-27-2011, 7:20 AM
N1 2.2.2

Another confirmation. Android updated on Nexus One to 2.2.2 caused Swype to stop swyping. Uninstalled, updated installer and reinstalled. Still did not work. Something about another device (I have only ever had one). Uninstalled and reinstalled 3-4 times and finally, the licensing issue worked itself out. Swype is working again for me.

GldRush98
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
This is nothing new. You always have to uninstall and reinstall Swype after a system update.

I was pleasantly surprised though to see the language picker in the new installer and having the ability to install the much lighter weight English/Spanish version. Very nice!