PDA

View Full Version : Updates to OEM

woodiah
01-19-2011, 3:21 AM
How or will those of us that have the pre-installed versions get later updates? I would pay if it is offered, but I am curious.

sent from EVO using Taptalk Pro

woodiah
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Guess the lack of response tells me those of us with swype pre-installed will not be able to update to newer versions.

woodiah
01-22-2011, 6:24 PM
Really does anyone from Swype actually read these forums? This is why I prefer to pay for apps, they are much more likely to care about the users need... Guess soon we will get the standard OEM commit "we don't support our product if received as OEM."

brian.resnik
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi Woodiah,

My apologies for the delayed response. These forums are primarily provided as a tool for the community to gather and discuss. The Swype Team spends most of our forum time in the BETA section, as that's where a lot of the more common troubleshooting issues arise.

As to your question, OEMs can request an updated version of Swype at any time, for free. It is entirely at the OEM's discretion when to release an update to their users. We do not currently have a method for updating Swype PreLoad independently of the rest of the system, since Swype is integrated directly into the system software.

rdeldonna
03-12-2011, 7:21 PM
So, again we are at the mercy of AT&T?