PDA

View Full Version : Swype for Samsung Galaxy 551 (i5510) WQVGA

marhensa
01-17-2011, 3:19 AM
is it true that swype doesn't support WQVGA (240x400) resolution yet?

i try install swype on my device Samsung Galaxy 551,
my installer version is new, but when i trying to download swype beta, it says
ERROR: This screen size is not supported.
Check beta.swype.com/android/faq for a list of supported sizes.
but i can't find it there for list of supported resolution, so i came here... :p

please support wqvga resolution... :)

keithywh
01-20-2011, 8:07 AM
yes, i do agree with marhensa. i tried installing swype on galaxy 551. same reply on the screen... has anyone done it successfully?

Saurav
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes, same problem here.
Please release swype which is compatible for Samsung Galaxy 551.

Balaji Venkatesh
01-25-2011, 5:47 PM
Yes, I also got the same problem "the screen size not supported". So pls release the swype which is compatible with Galaxy 551.com

rob.boehm
02-02-2011, 7:49 AM
Yes unfortunatly QVGA (including wide qvga) is currently not supported.

Moving thread to beta suggestions forum as this is not a production issue

Balaji Venkatesh
02-04-2011, 5:42 AM
Pls let me know, when will i get the Swype for my phone.

Yes unfortunatly QVGA (including wide qvga) is currently not supported.

Moving thread to beta suggestions forum as this is not a production issue

Steve8x8
02-09-2011, 5:42 AM
How come that the Galaxy 3 (which sports the same display resolution, according to the specs) is advertised to have Swype (randomly picked Google hit: http://7ozo.com/mobile/2010/06/samsung-i5800-galaxy-3-preview-price-pictures-details-model-specifications/ )?
Or was there an early Swype version for that one, which has been revoked?

Confusing...

Even if the hardware keyboard had a decent set of special characters (I haven't found how to get an equal sign on my QWERTZ one), there are situations galore where it cannot be used, and the default touchscreen keyboard is too small (imagine texting on the bus).

Steve8x8
02-18-2011, 1:39 AM
Two and a half ugly thoughts:
1. What about providing old versions of Swype for screen resolutions currently not supported?
I agree that this would be far from perfect, and a bit harder to support, but something (even something old) is better than nothing, and might get more user addicted to Swype.
1.5. That might include changing the expiration mechanism: a beta version should expire not earlier than a new version is available.
2. Can a version of Swype built for the Galaxy 3 (i5800) be expected to work on a Galaxy 551 (i5510) at all?