PDA

View Full Version : Use Beta after Provider Software Update?

CmdrKeene
01-13-2011, 2:13 PM
Is there any plans to make a newer version of Swype available to us beyond what is forced down from our provider (I'm on an Evo from Sprint). I was in the beta and loved it, but the version Sprint pushed down to me has a horrible nagging issue about hidden words (I know already, geesh!). Also it just doesn't seem as responsive as the beta did, but maybe that's just me.

I've searched all around, and apparently right now there is no way to continue using the beta... but are there any plans to change that?

Daniel P. Schaller
01-21-2011, 3:14 PM
ditto! i would be fat and happy if I could do that, no luck here either

Tigrisan
02-13-2011, 6:23 AM
I'm with you! The version that came with the Froyo update just sucks! It's like Android chose the very first, oldest version of Swype to load. I can swype the word I want, deliberately pausing on each key and the d*mned thing still gives me some word I'm not even close to typing in! I really miss my Beta version and other than a few very minor things in Froyo that are rather nice, if I could go back to the older Android version just so I could use my Beta Swype again, I would!

MercuryTangent
02-13-2011, 4:33 PM
I've heard something about being able use the Swype beta if you're running a ROM that doesn't have the preloaded version on it, but I'm not certain. I'd love to learn a way back to using the Beta, the preloaded version on the Evo just doesn't cut it.

rob.boehm
02-13-2011, 8:03 PM
I forget what device and carrier it was, but there was a recent update sent out by a carrier that basically rolled Swype back to a previous version (whoops!). Anyway I know we've got somebody trying to figure out a way to get the beta to update what was rolled out. So yes it's possible, but it takes weeks of extra work to get it to function properly for each production device.