PDA

View Full Version : Q's long press does not need to be Language Change, Asterik needed.

belomeclone
01-11-2011, 5:19 PM
Okay, so, Language Change doesn't have to be on the fly. It can be on one of the hidden Swype menus or functions, or just on Symbol where it is located now.

But, we DO need Asterik as a Long Press. I would like it anywhere on the keyboard, but hopefully on the right, replacing something less needed like the + sign or the underscore.

I think this is very important. The Asterik is very common for notating spelling corrections. It should not be relegated to the Symbols Menu.

katzners
01-14-2011, 8:01 PM
Strange enough that only the 8th entry on Google brought me to urbandictionary on which I found out what exactly an asterik is... (if I got it right, it actually means the star symbol on a keyboard. Note: I'm not a native)
For that matter I'll support the thread starter. I use the star symbol quite a lot and only after some time spent I found out that it could be reached through long-long pressing the "x" key.

I'd love to see that key getting a short-long-press button if possible, though I also need the language change button ("q") a lot, so don't remove that! At least not before you implemented the two language support just like HTCs Sense UI keyboard has done it.

Thraddash
01-15-2011, 9:12 PM
Okay, so, Language Change doesn't have to be on the fly. It can be on one of the hidden Swype menus or functions, or just on Symbol where it is located now.

Language change on the fly is essential ! People in Asia frequently swap from asian input to english on the fly. Actually I wish you could just have a toggle between two languages and not have to bring up a whole list.