PDA

View Full Version : Option to remove any foreign words

iploya
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Sometimes Swype will incorrectly select words that are so obscure they seem either to be of a foreign language, or not even words at all. However, they must be words of some language because the option to remove from the dictionary is not provided.

These obscure word selections should be given a very LOW priority so that they almost never appear.

One feature would be the option to remove ALL foreign language words (I'm guessing there are different language add-ins?)

Another feature would be the option to entirely remove a word from the dictionary even if it is a valid word.

danx55
01-07-2011, 4:00 PM
+1 yes this is rather annoying i find too - would be good to have more control over it i think

SalvoSalvo
01-09-2011, 3:31 AM
+1 for an editable personal dictionary like the one of the HTC IME keyboard ( maybe stored on the sd card ). Removing the words from a large list with search capabilities ( HTC like ) is better than the current method: now I don't know what words are actually in the dictionary and I have to wait until they appear on the screen while writing, to delete them...