PDA

View Full Version : How the Dictionary should work - since everyone else is posting it

belomeclone
01-05-2011, 9:53 AM
We all believe auto-add should be turned off. We all also believe we should be able to edit the dictionary.

If it's in the dictionary:
- Highlighting a word and pressing the Swype button should remove it, no matter what its origins.

If it's not in the dictionary:
- Highlighting a word and pressing the Swype button should add it to the dictionary, and nothing else should.

That's really it. The actual Swype dictionary should be located somewhere for people to find and edit, but for the most part, the dictionary should be controlled this way. In addition, the dictionary should be portable for us who flash. Swype itself needs to rid itself of so many fake words, especially words that are contractions, like "that's" and "what's" that it insists are "thats" and "whats". Nothing is worse than a dictionary full of fake or misspelled words.

JNavas
01-06-2011, 9:10 AM
Amen! ~ ~ ~

SalvoSalvo
01-09-2011, 3:44 AM
100% agree :)
And also http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?2299-Option-to-remove-any-foreign-words&p=12044#post12044

szekeresz
01-09-2011, 5:52 AM
I'm absolutely sure that everyone would favourize a feature to import dictionaries as well. And please make Swype handle big dictionaries too so that we can import e.g. spelling dictionaries as a txt file with 100s of 1000s of words in it.

GazaIan
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Very true, I really don't like auto add. Maybe it could be added as an option in settings, but I hate seeing words pop up that aren't words. Even worse, I hate having my own word and it "hides"another one, and three dialogue comes up. The gets annoying when it comes up repeatedly.

Sweet05cts
01-12-2011, 9:14 AM
I don't mind the auto-add feature, but FFS the ability to delete ANY word (not just added words) NEEDS to be in the next build. This is something that should have come with the very first version.

mountainbikermark
01-12-2011, 5:17 PM
+1. user controlled dictionary. I feel like I'm using an iPhone when I use Swype

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk and Ultra Keyboard approved.

GarrisonM011
01-14-2011, 1:03 PM
+1 I completely agree.