PDA

View Full Version : Faster way to switch lang like the Android keyboard dose

lanwin
01-05-2011, 4:24 AM
Hi, i really like Swype and it is the fastest way to type for me.

The only problem i have is that it took more time to change the lang in Swype like it dose with the Android keyboard. There i can setup only the languages i use and simply swype over space to switch the lang.

I really often need to switch my lang short after another since i writing in German and in English.

derrapf
01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
+1 from me. That matches to my suggestion: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?2185-Support-of-two-languages-possible

GazaIan
01-11-2011, 2:00 PM
Swype a line going up from the Swype key to the top of the keyboard and you can select you language in less than a second.

derrapf
01-11-2011, 2:36 PM
Shure. This is a good workaround when you have to permanently switch between languages, e.g. if you write a letter like this here.
But what if you have to write a german text which is filled with a lot of english terms?
Would you constantly like to switch the languages forth an back?
Sample:
"Hallo Herr Meier
Wenn Sie den Tree-View anpassen wollen, können Sie im Customizing-Tab des Object-Browsers den Button "Preferences" druecken und dann in der entsprechenden Combo-Box "show document numbers" auswählen."

So here I would have to switch language at least ten times. Not really practical. I would rather have a primary language and a secondary language.

For english native speakers there is no reason to have a secondary language.
This is different to foreign users who have to write in their native language but also have to use english terms.

Regards Ralf

GazaIan
01-11-2011, 5:46 PM
So you basically want to have two languages set at one? I see, but I don't think Swype supports that yet. Remember it's still a beta, it can be added.

derrapf
01-12-2011, 12:28 AM
So you basically want to have two languages set at once?
That's the point. It's only a suggestion for an improvement, but it would be great.
Ah, and by the way: If it will not be implemented and I have to switch languages: Would it be possible to define the keyboard layout separately from the language? It's very annoying that y and z always swap when changing the language.

Regards Ralf

peerogel
02-04-2011, 7:49 AM
There is another keyboard out there, that has a button in the keybord for a secondary language. You go to the settings and assing a secondary language. I think it would be great if Swype did the same thing.

rob.boehm
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
There is another keyboard out there, that has a button in the keybord for a secondary language. You go to the settings and assing a secondary language. I think it would be great if Swype did the same thing.
Swype sites have similar functionality. You can quickly toggle between the two most recently used languages by swyping from the Swype key to the Q key, or if you long press on the Q key you'll get a menu with all available languages. ¡Hurra!

lanwin
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice. Ive did not noticed taht this function exists. That was what i searched for.

derrapf
03-15-2011, 1:41 PM
Hi Robert
Please refer to post #4
Swyping from the Swype key to the Q key is ok, when you have to switch the language permanently.
It is not feasible when you are typing in one language which contains a lot of terms of another langage.
Ralf

Tenore
03-17-2011, 4:04 PM
+1
If Swype allowed to use concurrent languages without switching (which currently takes 3 or 4 seconds on my HTC Desire 2.2 : much too slow !), it would be something !
I guess this won't be easy to code, but it would be worth the effort.