PDA

View Full Version : New words learning system

fede91it
01-04-2011, 4:14 AM
I love Swype, but I hate current system that allows Swype learn new words not existing in dictionary. The current system register every new word tapped and followed by space, it is correct? Well, this is very useless, even counterproductive because very often I type quickly (to looking for an app in the market, to opening a specific website, etc) and this means that misspelled words are always recorded in the dictionary of Swype, and then appear in the suggestions during the writing, altering the results of swyping.

In my opinion Swype need a fully reviewed system of word learning, for example tapping two times on the word you want to add and selecting "add word". This is only an idea, but my request (but I think also of many others) is to fix this very bad auto learning system.

Let me know please.
Sincerely, Federico.

danchowdhury
01-04-2011, 8:28 AM
I completely agree with this topic. It's a massive effort to remove learned words as well, and it's always the same issue as well - misspelling something, then when I go to swype later i get this annoying word every time.

There should definitely be an option to auto-turn off the learning system. We can use the Android user dictionary if we want to add words.

I do agree that the learning system could be extended to be more effective, but personally I would just have an option to turn it off completely since android offers a user dictionary already that's easy to use.

fede91it
01-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Exact! Every 2-3 weeks I have to uninstall and reinstall Swype to delete registered words, otherwise the "swyping" action entails more errors than benefits.

This, along with the ability to download language dictionaries independently of the individual apk (which is so weighed down with each new supported language on the keyboard, now 10MB!) are the only real flaws of this excellent product.

I hope this topic will be considered soon.

belomeclone
01-04-2011, 7:01 PM
This is a very complicated idea. It should simply be the reverse of what it currently is - you highlight the word and hit the Swype button to add it.

fede91it
01-05-2011, 1:34 AM
This is a very complicated idea. It should simply be the reverse of what it currently is - you highlight the word and hit the Swype button to add it.

Same as edit, yes.
I hope that this system will be enhanced soon.

Edimonoarfa
01-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Mine acts a little weird. Sometimes swype doesn't save any new word that I type, ended with dot, space, or enter. How could this be solved?

Regards.