PDA

View Full Version : Easier way of deleting incorrect entries

anonymous
03-15-2010, 3:09 PM
Perhaps in addition to holding down the Backspace key to delete words or multiple words, it would be nice to be able to delete words simply by swyping from the backspace key across the bottom row of letters on the keyboard. I feel that this would greatly increase the functionality of the keyboard.

migr9017515
03-16-2010, 3:05 AM
This is a great idea. One thought to refine it further is to have two kinds of delete: swype halfway across (to b or v) for "delete previous word" and all the way across for "delete all text."

migr9023331
03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
agreed. that would be so much more convenient

migr9023161
03-16-2010, 2:36 PM
Would love a swype for delete all

migr1586866
03-21-2010, 5:27 PM
That is a great idea! Thanks so much for recommending it, we are always looking to improve Swype! One thing that you can do for now if you have a long text you'd like to delete is to "long press-hold" on the text, press "select all text" in the box that pops up, and hit the delete key. I know it's not as fast or convenient as your idea but it's a start! Hopefully you are loving Swype as much as I do!
-Trey

migr9006857
05-24-2010, 1:26 PM
How about to delete the last word, Swype from the backspace across the bottom row of the keyboard. To delete the last sentence, Swype from the backspace across the bottom row of the keyboard and then back to the backspace key.

migr12062121
06-16-2010, 10:27 AM
just fyi on this one... I was using shapewriter in the past and it had a cool feature to select all... all you did was drag across the CMD->A->L to select all... it's amazing how many times I used this.

another way is to go into the swype key->sym then click select all... just having a single swype to select all would be nice. :)

migr12386575
06-20-2010, 9:56 AM
What I would like is to be able to cancel mid-swype by moving my finger over the backspace key and releasing.. there's been a couple of times when I've messed up my swype and know it's going to produce the wrong word and I have to let go, hold to delete the word and then try again...

migr13008667
07-17-2010, 7:58 AM
I agree, deleting words is one of the most cumbersome tasks with Swype in the off chance you are incorrect, making it all the more annoying. Trouble is we are too used to not hitting the backspace now!

migr13244145
07-25-2010, 3:43 PM
Two things, I agree with this thread and the other is one addition I would like to add. When I want to place my cursor in a different spot or between words or in the middle of a word, it is a complete pain. I have to try multiple times very precisely before it recognizes the exact spot I want. On the new DroidX I saw they recognized this problem so that when you depress the area a "target" appears and a box appears with the text expanded out making it easier to place the cursor where I want it. PLEASE ADD THIS TO SWYPE!
Oh and I have had the Omnia II since it came out last year so I have been swyping for a long time, I have lots of experience. Let me know if you are interested in my two cents :). You will have to email me bec I wont be back on this site, too busy.

nickbike
12-11-2010, 1:14 PM
I'm dragging this one back up. I've been using Swiftkey lately and the word delete motion (drag from right to left anywhere on the keyboard) is AWESOME. So much faster to delete words. Also, the Swiftkey word prediction algorithm is phenomenal. Now if they could just make it so you could move your finger through the letters instead of typing out each letter like some other great keyboard, they'd have a real winner.