PDA

View Full Version : Vrouw? VROUW!!?? WHAT!?!?? Come on now Swype!!!!

Shuggah
12-31-2010, 7:37 PM
So I'm trying...TRYING...to swype the simple word "before" and I just CANNOT get it to work!! Swype it...nope...swype again...nope...swype SLOWER...nope!!! Up pops "brite" or something else (I forget right now).

So, now FRUSTRATED that I am FORCED to try to look for the simple word "before" in the Word Choice window, I click the window and guess what??...the word "before" isn't even a suggestion!!!

But what word is??...vrouw. VROUW?? What the HELL is that??!! Might you I am faaaaairly educated (I think???) but have never EVER EVER heard of that word!!

So I google it and I find it...one of the first link is to what is called the "Dictionary of Difficult Words" http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/dictionaries/difficultwords/data/d0013672.html where I learn that it means "a housewife."

Well, definition is simple enough but Vrouw? VROUW!!?? Come on now Swype!!!! You're telling me that when I swype I get a popup Word Choice window of about 8 words and THAT is one of the words that pops up???

What a MESS this is...sad where this had "developed" :(

Toyeboy
02-08-2011, 9:10 AM
yes we need the ability to have customized dictionaries, OR simply the ability for us as users to be able to personally be able to go in and delete words that we personally know we will NEVER use. maybe we could have precustomized dictionary files that simply only keep the most common words in the American/english language...like these above people were saying ^^ there is simply NO point to clutter swype's dictionary with a word like vrouw?? I mean that is common sense that amercians don't use that word... Please just give us the option to delete all of these nonsense words from Swype's dictionary...then it will lessen the all the words swype has to go through to figure out what you wanted to type and make it MUCH MUCH better in the future. thanks.

IanS100
02-08-2011, 1:21 PM
Better still just install a small, basic dictionary of the most commonly used words & if we want more we can add them. I'd rather have the odd word that I have to add rather than the current situation of spending hours deleting & correcting the gibberish that Swype insists on writing

Toyeboy
02-09-2011, 8:07 PM
Very true ^^^

christodio
02-14-2011, 2:55 PM
I cannot for the life of me get it to automatically pick 'or' instead of 'our' >:[

arcane95
02-21-2011, 2:16 AM
Haha vrouw is a Dutch word xD.

Shuggah
02-22-2011, 8:13 AM
Haha vrouw is a Dutch word xD.

Ohhh...I know that now!!! And BELIEVE ME I am pretty PRETTY sure I picked "ENGLISH" for my swyping language!!

!?!!??