PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Swype? (Beta for Android available again)

Esapple
12-26-2010, 7:11 PM
Good news for Android users: Swype Beta has been re-opened for registration. Just got myself a HTC Desire, but never used Swype on it. Who uses it and what do you think of it?

Darren
12-27-2010, 1:53 AM
They finally re-opened..! Goodies.. thanks for the headsup.

matt268uk
12-29-2010, 5:41 AM
I have a desire also and recently started using swype on it, its fantastic,only problem is after you turn your phone off and then back on, you have to do a long press on a text field and turn the input back to swype other wise it wont work properly....

Mr.Kurtzman
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
swype on htc legend works perfectly (german) - I love it!

donzz64
12-30-2010, 7:46 PM
I have been using Swype for around 6 or 7 months. I love it and will never buy a phone that I can't put it on.

edurios
01-02-2011, 7:21 AM
Hello!
I'm sorry for my very bad English. I'm a Spanish user of Swype keyboard. I'm registered as beta of Swype from 23 December 2010, but I'm using Swype a couple of months ago!

It's fantastic, but Swype Inc expect to me "to provide feedback on the forum, suggest things you'd like to see, tell us things you don't like, or simply rant or rave. And remember this is a Beta so expect the unexpected..." but is too difficult to me to write in English.

If I do not post in the forums... I can't be a user of Swype? Must I deinstall Swype?
Can I write in Spanish at forums?

Thanks You.
Happy new year!!

petesimpson33
01-03-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm loving swype so far. I prefer using it in portrait mode though, landscape mode on a 4" screen uses a lot more finger scrolling!

Pete

edurios
01-04-2011, 2:33 PM
Hello!
I'm sorry for my very bad English. I'm a Spanish user of Swype keyboard. I'm registered as beta of Swype from 23 December 2010, but I'm using Swype a couple of months ago!

It's fantastic, but Swype Inc expect to me "to provide feedback on the forum, suggest things you'd like to see, tell us things you don't like, or simply rant or rave. And remember this is a Beta so expect the unexpected..." but is too difficult to me to write in English.

If I do not post in the forums... I can't be a user of Swype? Must I deinstall Swype?
Can I write in Spanish at forums?

Thanks You.
Happy new year!!

Nobody can help me?

AngryHatter
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I signed up late December but was surprised by the permissions it wanted, so I never installed it.
Then today I read the backstory on Cliff Kushler on the CNN site.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/01/05/swype.kushler/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Okay, fine. I'll install it, I thought.
Not ten minutes later, I was in love.
Now, why did I need a physical keyboard with my phone? :)
Great stuff.

donzz64
01-05-2011, 6:19 PM
NO, you don't have to use the forum to install/use Swype!
I'm with you guys, I bought my Droid because it had the physical keyboard and now I never use it. (unless I'm putting another theme on it) I only use my Droid in portrait too.

0418dsl
01-05-2011, 6:48 PM
So I just recently downloaded swype with my HTC Incredible. I absolutly LOVE it. However is there a reason I have to keep installing it when I turn off my phone. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thank you.

edurios
01-10-2011, 9:31 AM
NO, you don't have to use the forum to install/use Swype!

Thank you. But I think that I have not explained very well. I want to know, if I do not use forums, I can still be a betatester of Swype and continue to downloading updates of Swype on my phone or not, and I must deinstall Swype.

GazaIan
01-10-2011, 6:16 PM
Thank you. But I think that I have not explained very well. I want to know, if I do not use forums, I can still be a betatester of Swype and continue to downloading updates of Swype on my phone or not, and I must deinstall Swype.

Yes.

Still, I suppose it's preferred that you post feedback and questions in the forums to help further improve Swype. When you use the beta, you're helping Swype, but it's worthless if you just use it and don't speak.

edurios
01-11-2011, 8:19 AM
Hello! Thank you very much for your help. Then I try to use the Google translator to get my messages in English and help as I can.
Sorry if it is poorly translated.