PDA

View Full Version : AT&T - 3rd Part App not allowed

Brian_Kelly
12-22-2010, 7:21 AM
I love Swype and was highly disappointed when my new AT&T HTC Aria didn't come with Swype.

I downloaded the beta version, but current AT&T policy prevents installation of 3rd party apps.

I was wondering whether there was a plan to make Swype available through the market, at some point, or whether there might be a different way to install (maybe via pc) other than rooting the device.

Any info is appreciated.

dannyr825
12-24-2010, 7:18 AM
Using a PC you can sideload.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/40770-ac-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

Brian_Kelly
12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
@dannyr825

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I am unable to get the SWM to work. It does not see my device. I am trying to update the USB driver, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong since I can use the tool to navigate to the phone and pull the .apk...?!?

DigiManTX
12-24-2010, 7:42 PM
I am having the same issue here on a Backflip from AT&T... I manually loaded the installer.apk, but then it gets to the point where it tries to download and install the actual swype package and kicks it out again saying 3rd party app not allowed... does anyone have the actual swype.apk and not the installer.apk? That would be a huge help!!